Friday check in 11/6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2015
I heard Champions just cancelled all of their Friday night play in Marietta.

If they don't play in Marietta, what's the alternative? Cherokee? Acworth? Paulding? I mean, it's raining everywhere! I know it sucks and I know they are doing the best they can, but the one thing you can't control is the weather for something like this. Do they have an indoor facility or something? Somebody get Arthur Blank on the line and see about the Georgia Dome. lol

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Working tomorrow then going to watch the dd in a triple header on Sunday. It's been a surprisingly warm November for Michigan but it's going to cool off a little by then. Her team is doing pretty good. Ranked 5 nationally in the collegiate club rankings. Which is surprising since they beat #3.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Scenic City - Jack Maddox 9pm - raining on and off. Finally called it after we were up 2-0 after 2. It was a sloppy mess! I don't know how much more those fields can take. ;-(

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
Practice this morning and then bring on the beer drinking, grilling and hunting!
Daughter is healing fine from her ACL surgery. She has been driving me around on the Gator hunting. Today is one of my good friends birthday and we celebrate like the fine southern rednecks we are. Drink beer, shoot skeet, let the kids fish, eat hog right of the pit with a side of hash and then when the sun goes down drink fine whiskey straight from the bottle.

Jun 12, 2015
Rained out in Atlanta too. We've had exactly one tournament this entire fall due to rain. Crazy. DD is chomping at the bit to play ball.
We've played 4 but have had several rained out. Next weekend is our last one. I really hope it doesn't rain. I hate this weather. It's so depressing.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Practice either tomorrow or Sunday - waiting to hear from the coach so we can plan our 500+ mile drive. Then hopefully the other day we will be able to get some cage time in...

Turns out there is practice Saturday AND Sunday. We are dedicated but that is waaaaay too much driving for one weekend. So we picked the day with the best weather - today. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to practice we go...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If they don't play in Marietta, what's the alternative? Cherokee? Acworth? Paulding? I mean, it's raining everywhere! I know it sucks and I know they are doing the best they can, but the one thing you can't control is the weather for something like this. Do they have an indoor facility or something? Somebody get Arthur Blank on the line and see about the Georgia Dome. lol

Champions was scheduled to play some games in Cumming, but the Forsyth County Department of Recreation pulled the plug on Thur and declared their fields unplayable. Instead of cancelling, Champions revised their schedule to just the Cherokee County parks.

Aug 26, 2015
Champions was scheduled to play some games in Cumming, but the Forsyth County Department of Recreation pulled the plug on Thur and declared their fields unplayable. Instead of cancelling, Champions revised their schedule to just the Cherokee County parks.
Ah! Ok. Keep Arthur Blank on speed dial just in case, though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck