SuperBowl-Friday check in 1/5/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
DD doesn't have school today so she has deemed it e-mail college coaches day. SB practice early on Sunday. For some reason the menfolk think they need to eat, drink and be merry while watching and yelling at some TV thing that night.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD has an indoor tournament in Missouri tomorrow & Sunday. I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow morning for 8 days for some work conventions, so have to miss her play again. :( DS has soccer practice Saturday morning. DW is going to have a busy week.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Not sure who everyone in my family is rooting for.
DW completely ignored football until we moved to Wisconsin. I remember many years ago, we were in Chicago.
I said: "look! There's Soldier Field"
DW: "What is Soldier Field?"
Me: "Where the Bears play"
DW: "Who are the Bears?"

Living in Wisconsin, she is fully aware of who the Bears are. Just to be annoying, DW decided to root for the NY Football Giants. Trust me on this one, there are a couple of playoff games the Packers lost to the Giants which Packers fans will never forget.

But, Eli's brother is playing for Denver, so DW will probably root for Denver.

Years ago DD 1 bought a Panthers jersey. It was on sale, and the colors are really great. Seriously. Which team has better looking uniforms, the Panthers or the Broncos. Not even close.

DD 3 hasn't gone to pitching clinic in a few weeks. One day it was cancelled, another day her catcher was out of town and DW forgot to take her. So, I hope DD 3 will go to the pitching clinic Monday. Except Monday is the Lunar New Years. We probably won't celebrate until the following Saturday. I will be in Wisconsin for the long weekend. DS goes to college in Milwaukee, but he has an indoor rowing practice at UW Madison Saturday the 13th, and will stay in Madison overnight. Peking Duck for everyone on the 13th!

Also, DD 1 turns 18 this coming Wednesday. Seems like just yesterday driving DW to the hospital...

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Got "the call"... Tryout for a 16U TB Team this SuperBowl Sunday 10am... She will be 14 later this mo.

Right when we thought we were ready for MS @ (40') Gotta start the 43'

Seen Pic of her new V~Glove..... Ships Tomorrow... Broken In & 2-3 weekz ahead of expectations :cool:

GLOVE.jpg

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
First games of the new year on Saturday afternoon...in WM's 'hood!

Unfortunately, our roster of 11 is limping - #3 pitcher broke a finger in a car door incident, two OF'ers with a fever, #1 3B can't play in our last game due to another commitment. We need to grab a couple of players to fill in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles