A true Friday Check in 5/13/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Going to the doctor today for a problematic elbow after being hit by a pitch in a game Tuesday. If I'm cleared by them, I'm playing in our district championship game on Saturday. Hoping all goes well at the doctor.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Going to the doctor today for a problematic elbow after being hit by a pitch in a game Tuesday. If I'm cleared by them, I'm playing in our district championship game on Saturday. Hoping all goes well at the doctor.

Hopefully, it's just a bruise.

Dec 27, 2014
3 games on Saturday, bracket on Sunday. 90 degrees today but forecast is 60 and 70% chance of rain for tomorrow and Sunday...:(

Aug 30, 2015
4 GG as a guest player this weekend. Then Juniors LL double header Sunday pm. Then practice Sunday evening.

Me thinks we won't be able to make all of these planned events on time. . .

BTW,we always have our girls wear elbow guards at the plate. It's alarming how many of our ladies keep getting hit in the elbows! Wonder what the stats are for where girls get hit the most.

Jun 19, 2013
4GG against some TOUGH teams for us. 3 Saturday games split between two locations and spread out between morning, mid afternoon and evening :( Much prefer the back to back games!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Hoping for the best. Please post a follow up, let everyone know how your recovery goes.

I'll do that. I'm getting ready to go into the walk-in clinic now. The elbow right now is more sore than anything. It's the grabbing, gripping throwing and rotating the arm that makes it hurt more than anything. It's a shooting, spasming almost electrical like pain when I'm like gripping, holding or throwing shooting to the hand. If I rotate certain ways it shoots to the shoulder. The pain when it goes to the shoulder isn't quite as intense as it is to the hand. Right now I just have the elbow wrapped in an ace bandage. How I got injured was I was batting in the third inning of our semifinal game. I got plunked by a 2-1 pitch I estimate to have been thrown somewhere in mid 50 mph range that got me just below the elbow. I held my elbow as I was running down to first. I don't own an elbow gaurd...but I will now. It was my left elbow that got hurt and I'm a lefty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00