There's only one Friday check in 10/29- Special Edition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Ok so who's doing what? Any games ? Or how bout some scary halloween costumes?

So here's my idea for this weekend . let's do a costume contest. So I will post a separate thread on Monday . Take pictures of your daughter with her costume. Winner will get bragging rights for a year and a free post on dfp!

This will just be a fun for all. Nothing serious. Let's just see those costumes!

Heres warriorangela when she was 10 I think?

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2015
One of my dd's teammates is going trick or treating with us and sleeping over. She's very excited. No games but we do have practice both Saturday & Sunday this weekend.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
The softball gods have not been kind to us. Last fall tournament was rained out. We had a scrimmage scheduled for this Sat morning, but the other team had to back out. No more games until we go into the dome, which is not real softball since it's a soccer dome and the right field wall is only about 120'. I guess I'll have to take what I can to get my softball fix.

DD and I will get out Saturday morning and use the time to get in some field work and hitting.

DD is dressing as Bat Girl and DS is going as the greatest NFL coach ever.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I started the catching clinics again for our TB organizational catchers last Saturday so tomorrow morning DD and I will be teaching that and then right after, we are starting the clinic for non-organizational catchers. Later that day we are attending a wedding of one of our close family friends and then scrimmaging on Sunday morning. Afterwards I will be playing couch potato until I have to make the hour drive to watch DD play the first week of her HS indoor SB league.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Way to claim your territory from the interlopers Mike!!! LOL!!!

DD has Halloween parties on Friday and Saturday nights. DH and I will probably rent a movie, grab some dinner with friends and then plop on the couch. Then off on Sunday on our 8 hour round trip drive to practice and back, unless the weather guessers are correct and it rains. In that case I just might get the house cleaned and laundry done.

DD hasn't dressed up for Halloween since she was 13, but here is a blast from the past - the one and ONLY time she was ever a cheerleader!!!!:eek:
DSC00037.jpg

Oct 10, 2011
DD just got a job at our favorite restaurant, so I'm hoping she brings home the extra food tomorrow. We will practice Sunday but the team is done until catcher/pitcher workouts start in 3 weeks.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Eastern Elite National Qualifier in Chattanooga. Weather not looking good for Sunday, but we will get to see some old friends/teammates and meet a fellow DFPer.

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
DD#1 Playing in her last tournament of the fall season (USSSA Old Man Winter) and DD#2 is playing in the USSSA Elite Region 6 qualifier. The games on Saturday may go late because rain is forecasted for Friday night and will push those games to Saturday. Going to be a long day on Saturday and Sunday since the qualifier is double elimination. Next weekend will be heaven as it will be our first weekend without someone in a tournament since the middle of March.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Well I have been rightfully put in my place. Don't know how I feel about that since it was an honest mistake but oh well. LOL. I tried to delete my post but damage is done. Anyway, reiterating what i posted yesterday. DD has Ronald McDonald this weekend. Has one game today, bracket play tomorrow and 2 games Sunday. Times will probably messed up due to weather so any trick or treating plans will need to be put on hold until we find out tomorrow. Also looking forward to seeing who stays true to their word to come see DD play. Been praying about this for a while!

Also will find out if she is indeed due for a new bat...she says hers has a rattle and warranty has past. :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad