Friday check in 11/6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Practice Saturday in Melbourne with my TB team from 9-1.

Sunday entire team is headed to Gainesville to watch NJCAA National Champions Chipola play the NCAA DI Champion Florida Gators. No it probably will not be pretty but should be fun. Will be good to see my niece play for Chipola. Hopefully Tim will not be screwing with the strike zone this year. Yeah, right!

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Are the fields in Chattanooga in better shape than Atlanta? There is a lot of traffic on the Atlanta message boards complaining about greedy showcase promoters refusing to pull the plug on Champions and Scenic City....it will also be interesting to see how many college coaches make the trip considering the high probability of a rain out.

They just cancelled game one of our teams game at Ooltewah Field 1 and games at camp Jordan.

Still on at Jack Maddox.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Friday night indoor practices start tonight. Luckily there is a little pizza sports pub right around the corner for a parents "meeting." Will get some outdoor BP in tomorrow.
DS has three soccer games, so that will keep us busy the rest of the time.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Are the fields in Chattanooga in better shape than Atlanta? There is a lot of traffic on the Atlanta message boards complaining about greedy showcase promoters refusing to pull the plug on Champions and Scenic City....it will also be interesting to see how many college coaches make the trip considering the high probability of a rain out.
They moved all Friday games at Warner and The Summit to Sunday. I assume to tarp the infields tonight. Camp Jordan was pretty rough last weekend without rain. With all of the rain in the past month, I don't expect any of the parks will hold much more water.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
They moved all Friday games at Warner and The Summit to Sunday. I assume to tarp the infields tonight. Camp Jordan was pretty rough last weekend without rain. With all of the rain in the past month, I don't expect any of the parks will hold much more water.

Moving games to Sunday may allow you to play, but if no college coaches show up is it really worth the expense? Showcases are typically 3-4X the entry fee of a regular tournament and a lot of them are "stay to play" so you are getting reamed on the hotel rooms too.

Saturday's weather calls for more rain in Atlanta, so I hope a bunch of teams do not end up sitting in hotel lobbies killing time at $150/night/family.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Moving games to Sunday may allow you to play, but if no college coaches show up is it really worth the expense? Showcases are typically 3-4X the entry fee of a regular tournament and a lot of them are "stay to play" so you are getting reamed on the hotel rooms too.

Saturday's weather calls for more rain in Atlanta, so I hope a bunch of teams do not end up sitting in hotel lobbies killing time at $150/night/family.
I agree. I hope it doesn't turn into a high priced friendly. PM Sent.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Sounds like everyone else is having the same problem we are. We were supposed to play in Jackson, MS for a PGF Showcase tournament this weekend, but we go word this morning that they cancelled. We had 3 families flying in and have not heard whether or not they got on the flight. This is the 3rd Showcase in a row to cancel due to rain and we haven't played since the first weekend of Oct. Also attended the On Deck Texas Jamboree with only 6 colleges there to watch. This fall has been awful. Hopefully the Texas Gold cup and the make up Ronald McDonald don't rain out, otherwise we are quitting softball and going to focus on BBall since they never have rain outs.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Not much better here. Playing with regular team tomorrow in Conroe just to get some playing time.
Sunday's scheduled games with the regional team at Texas State already canceled this morning.

Hope the regular team tournament doesn't get canceled. DD is ready to play some ball and I'm ready to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad