Friday check in 11/6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Not much better here. Playing with regular team tomorrow in Conroe just to get some playing time.
Sunday's scheduled games with the regional team at Texas State already canceled this morning.

Hope the regular team tournament doesn't get canceled. DD is ready to play some ball and I'm ready to watch.

Spoke/typed too soon. Everything has been canceled.
Making a gumbo, taking the short trip to the adult beverages in the patio fridge, and waiting to watch my Tigers play football tonight.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Spoke/typed too soon. Everything has been canceled.
Making a gumbo, taking the short trip to the adult beverages in the patio fridge, and waiting to watch my Tigers play football tonight.

Which Tigers are you pulling for?

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 3 didn't do any softball in the fall. Luckily the indoors winter practices are starting much earlier this year. The local HS has occasional open gyms staring Wednesday, and her new TB team will have 2x a week practices starting "soon", whatever that means. DD 3 needs to find herself some rides, since I am out of town.

The HS allows 8th grade MS kids to practice with the big kids in the open gym. DD 3 will get to practice with some girls who used to play with and/or against DD 1 during DD 1's brief softball career.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Grilled up some whole trout from Costco. I was surprised to see that everyone loved it. Only the wife and myself enjoyed the Quinoa with Kale!! DD to get in 8 buckets of work in the Softball Dojo (garage). I had to bribe her with letting her back the car out of the Dojo and back in when we were done. Let's see how long that lasts. DD2 has basketball skills evaluations and a playoff soccer game afterwards.

Feb 7, 2013
DD's 1st year 14u team playing up in 16u tournament SoCal Finest (BLD-Perris). They are 2-1 after day one.

On a side note, DD gave up a 250 foot bomb to left field. Good learning experience for her playing against fully grown kids that can drive themselves to the fields : )

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Got a GroupMe message yesterday that DD has practice today 4-6pm. Good thing they found an indoor facility as the weather is still wet and the temperature has dropped 20 degrees since Friday.

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
DD team was in Scenic city there were games played Saturday night but our coaches wouldn't let our girls play field was to dangerous. We finally played 2 games Sunday the first time the new team has played together. I have high expectations for this group of girls. They looked really good yesterday we are young but there's plenty of talent up and down the roster should be fun watching this team come together. We played a Tn Fury 18 team and a Jersey Intensity Team. Oh there were still a good number of coaches out watching Sunday games at Warner Park.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD team was in Scenic city there were games played Saturday night but our coaches wouldn't let our girls play field was to dangerous. We finally played 2 games Sunday the first time the new team has played together. I have high expectations for this group of girls. They looked really good yesterday we are young but there's plenty of talent up and down the roster should be fun watching this team come together. We played a Tn Fury 18 team and a Jersey Intensity Team. Oh there were still a good number of coaches out watching Sunday games at Warner Park.

I wonder how many games most teams got in? You are probably close enough to commute back and forth to Chattanooga, but the New Jersey Intensity team had some major travel expenses to only play a couple of games.....I hope their parents thought it was worthwhile!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32