Skills video....question for DFP community

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Just got an email from my videographer that he should have the skills video completed Monday! Sorry for the delay!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
That is great news. I hope it is all you wished for.

I was sitting in the dugout being quite as a Church mouse when they filmed the pitching sequence, so I have no idea how well my DD's pitches were breaking. Speed was pretty good and she threw two 2-seam fastballs at the end where she really let go. I know she hit well and her fielding is OK. Pitching will be her ticket in college, so fielding at 1B is just a bonus if they want to keep her bat in the line-up.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
JAD sounds to me like you thought it out pretty well.

I didn't mention that, imo, it is important that you yourself post this video in a way that you have control over it. My dd's was posted by a parent of another player who then stopped playing. He set all of the controls. etc. I don't recommend that.

Oct 10, 2011
Great

Can't wait to see it. We are starting today at a batting cage unfortunately. At least we can get some side shots of her batting technique. We should have moved South!

Jun 4, 2010
A, A
Count me in as one who would like to see it. DD will be a freshman next year so our time is coming up quick.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I hope it has the Rocky theme song at the beginning!!

I have heard different opinions on theme music, but I am pretty sure we are going to use live audio - hence everyone having to be quite during recording. I should have made sure the catcher was using a mitt that gives extra "pop". I have used several gloves during bucket sessions with my DD and some gloves have better "pop" than others - regardless of pitch speed.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I have heard different opinions on theme music, but I am pretty sure we are going to use live audio - hence everyone having to be quite during recording. I should have made sure the catcher was using a mitt that gives extra "pop". I have used several gloves during bucket sessions with my DD and some gloves have better "pop" than others - regardless of pitch speed.

With the editing tools available today, additional sound effects should be easy to add! Along those lines, I suggest you conclude her skills video with an explosion and the catcher vanishing in a cloud of smoke.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face

Yeah, that's one of the little secrets. Always do your pitching indoors for the enhanced acoustics. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles