Skills video....question for DFP community

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2012
Just my opinion, I would put as much info as possible in the description space below the video. All her personal info, grades, contact info, maybe a little bio, pitch speeds. If coaches want that info after watching a few minutes of the video it is right there, easy access. The video may be a little long but showcased her very well, I think they will see what they need to in the first few pitches. Thought she looked great! Tell her good job.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
She would be really good if she finished with her hand up by her shoulder and her elbow pointing at the target, like Jennie Finch teaches.

:p

Looking good, JAD. I would be a very proud dad if that was my DD.

Dec 19, 2012
Your dd looked great in the video JAD....she honestly did. Her future in softball is bright.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
After receiving feedback from everyone, I decided to take advantage of the in-climate weather in Atlanta (4" of snow and ice pellets) to "pare down" my DD's skills video to a more manageable 5:45. The full video is still available on Youtube, but I hope this one at least peaks the college coaches interest. I would like to reshoot a couple of the pitches and add her taking some throws at 1B, but this is going to have to suffice for now!

Katherine Huey, 2017 Pitcher/1st Base - skills video - YouTube

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Nice job JAD. I suspect that the only ones that won't have the patience to watch the whole video now likely will be those who paused it to contact her coaches after seeing her pitch.

IMO, re-shooting some of her shots in the crud tomorrow would put her in great standing with any northern schools she might be interested in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid