Skills video question....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Ok, so I am about to try my hand at making a skills video. My DD has 4 or 5 $300 bats, but paying someone $300 to do a 3 minute skills video just grates me. Anyway, was just wonder what peoples opinions are on whether or not I should post a link to her skills video on here. Would love some feedback on the video and my DD, but have seen some posts where people worry about providing TOO MUCH information in a public forum. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I second GM's advice. Probably the first and second video you make will not be the one you want to publish to colleges. A little tweaking here and there can make a world of difference, but you don't want to be discouraged by someone nit-picking 180 seconds of your 3 min video. I'd send a PM to Cannonball of your video, he did a really good job for his DD a few years back.

I know quite a few people who made good videos with their own equipment.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Ok, so send a PM to Cannonball, Goingdeep and Greenmonsters.....anyone else want to become a critic?

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Keep it short. Everyone I know made their own, but go to a few college camps and they will let you know how long they want. Unless she is a pitcher or catcher it will be short. If it's hitting that is it. They expect you to be able to bunt. It's to peak interest so they come and watch her play.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Talked to a former D1 coach yesterday. She said the best skills videos for her were the ones where the girl highlighted the elite skills they would bring to the program first before everything else. If that was a drop ball, unbelievable speed, big bat, fielding magician, big arm, etc, etc... whatever it was put it first. She said that always got her interested as it showed what the player could bring to the program from day one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45