Announcing Tryouts for DFP Diamond Elite

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Wheels, I may have a lead on a pitcher for you - supposedly there's a 9 year old that throws in the 70's. I was told her dad kept much better stats than her old team and coach. She DID NOT throw the 174 WP's they had her marked down for, her dad said they were all passed balls because of incompetent catchers and pitch calling. She's knows what she's throwing even if know one else does.
Her dad said she also batted over .500 when you take all that ROE and FC bull the team and coaches used to down play her batting stats!
Word is her dad calls a better game from the stands than the coaches calling pitches from the dugout and he's quick to call out fixes to her when she's in the circle. He should also be considered as an "at large Coach"

This is good. Even better, the DFP Diamond Elite website will have a section identifying players on other teams that should be playing for our organization. Whatever it takes will be the operating directive. Back room deals, cash incentives, swag etc. are encouraged.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
GM, why am I not getting any love? Did I happen to mention that I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
GM, why am I not getting any love? Did I happen to mention that I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night?

You'll be lucky if your kid gets to get in as EP or FLex. Hilton is the official hotel of DFP Diamond Elite because GM get's a 10% kickback on team rooms.

Jan 25, 2011
My pole barn will be done next week. I was hoping to be the PC for the DFP Diamond Elite, after all my dd is going to be the #1 pitcher, or you can find another pole barn.

Aug 7, 2012
Wheels, I may have a lead on a pitcher for you - supposedly there's a 9 year old that throws in the 70's. I was told her dad kept much better stats than her old team and coach. She DID NOT throw the 174 WP's they had her marked down for, her dad said they were all passed balls because of incompetent catchers and pitch calling. She's knows what she's throwing even if know one else does.
Her dad said she also batted over .500 when you take all that ROE and FC bull the team and coaches used to down play her batting stats!
Word is her dad calls a better game from the stands than the coaches calling pitches from the dugout and he's quick to call out fixes to her when she's in the circle. He should also be considered as an "at large Coach"

Hmm, interesting. Does she have a verbal commitment or signed a LOI with a D1 yet?

Dec 11, 2010
Wheels- As I read your post I see that you need a home.

I now suspect I know why your 10's will dominate at all age groups. You have successfully recruited a team of orphans.

Am I right? Is this a parentless sports super team?

Dec 11, 2010
When my DD gets her spot I will require a few moments to lay some ground rules for the other parents who have children on this showcase extravaganza of a team.

1) Thanks for waiving our fees.
2) I am allowed to coach your daughter from stands and at practice but please refrain from speaking to mine unless you are cheering wildly. We have already hired the ONLY pitching/hitting coach who knows ANYTHING about softball. You fools should drop who you go to for lessons and start coming to mine immediately.
3) Don't be hanging around the dugout door. That's my spot. DD needs me to give her last minute tweaks and a pep talk before batting.
4) I understand it is necessary for your DD's to be on the team. It's a good thing they are here. I will assist you in setting them in orbit around my little Star.
5) You might need to assist at practice. I will be busy following the Important One around while you Normals practice.
6) Please don't be offended if I shout out mild rebukes and words of chastisement your daughter. I am trying to help her. Help her not make so many mistakes. We need the wins, DD is only 8 but its D-1 or NOTHING for her. What a pathetic life it would be without that D-1 spot. I would be so ashamed.
7) My DD will need to miss a practice here and there to dominate some games at the rec level. 114 games a summer are not enough for us, we want to show some of those townie C girls what REAL softball is about.

Thats all I have for now. Dismissed.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

My understanding was that you had been retained as a Batboy/That Dad for the DFP Diamond Elite - GoingDeep team. That Dad's are to be handled by the Head Coaches so please bother him, not me, with your concerns regarding love and accomodations as I have more important things to address at the organizational level.