MTS, HYP, RHC, Noontime, and others

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
barrel "turned".....FLICKED rearward.
agonflick_zps9110ded2.gif

with a battle in the rear hip socket....creating a corner.
agoncorner1_zpsa15913b5.gif

May 4, 2012
That is an excellent article on feeling the hip coil and how to maintain it going forward, thanks for sharing and thanks to Tewks.

When I started this thread I was actually looking for an in depth explanation how to feel and teach the barrel going rearward and the actions and feelings to look for - like Tewks explained the forward by coiling. I know how I teach it, was just looking for more drills/cues/and an in depth explanation. Still waiting.

I know. Just think the two (and hands) are interconnected and I didn't see a lower half comparable to these, nor a comparable sequence - so thought it would help. Working on the same stuff with year younger kids including daughter

Mar 23, 2011
Noblseville, IN
That is an excellent article on feeling the hip coil and how to maintain it going forward, thanks for sharing and thanks to Tewks.

When I started this thread I was actually looking for an in depth explanation how to feel and teach the barrel going rearward and the actions and feelings to look for - like Tewks explained the forward by coiling. I know how I teach it, was just looking for more drills/cues/and an in depth explanation. Still waiting.

I know. Just think the two (and hands) are interconnected and I didn't see a lower half comparable to these, nor a comparable sequence - so thought it would help. Working on the same stuff with year younger kids including daughter

OK, I yield... Can someone give me a pointer on how to read the article? I tried it with IE and Chrome, but I only get a screen with the article title and one comment at the bottom. I signed up for a free account and it says that I'm logged in. Anything feedback would be very helpful. Thanks!

tewks.jpg

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
OK, I yield... Can someone give me a pointer on how to read the article? I tried it with IE and Chrome, but I only get a screen with the article title and one comment at the bottom. I signed up for a free account and it says that I'm logged in. Anything feedback would be very helpful. Thanks!

View attachment 3876

Try now. Just updated your "access level." For some reason, when you signed up it didn't set that up the way it should have. In the future, email me at contact@tewkshitting.com with any tech problems. I'll get to it much faster.

May 22, 2012
If your rear leg turns. If your scap pulls against that turn. If your hands stay near the same distance from your torso near your back shoulder. If your hands apply force to turn the barrel rearward. Your torso will tilt. Your rear elbow will move toward "slotting". All launching with the strong muscles of the leg and back. Creating a corner the barrel whips around. Rearward and around the corner.

Revisiting this post. Trying to turn these words into a swing. What should the rear knee feel like during this?
and when the hands do finally go forward are you consciously initiating this with the back, or should the resistance automatically propel the hands forward?

Oct 10, 2011
Here is mine
I made this video awhile back, as I type my yard is full of snow.... just like in this video
The hitter feels the elbows, arms, shoulders rotate as a unit in slow motion.
Connector - YouTube

ps. Like the tree house I built my son :cool:

SL
Thanks Straightleg, Just made this and it only took about 10 minutes. Wasn't sure how far it should be spread apart though...I know it would very from player to player.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
This one?
rhtjqe.jpg

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/2400-connector-device.html
3/4 piece is 10 inches long. 1/2 in piece is 8 inches long. All pipe is lightweight pvc. The only pipe I could find at home depot that slid into each other.
Glued in dowel rod in each end. Found that in the lumber section. Different size dowel rods.

Curved gray pipe is long 45 degree electricial pipe. They have 3/4 and 1/2 in pieces.

I just cut off the bell for hooking the 2 pieces together.

Took a small paddle bit for inside of curve to fasten gray piece to dowel rod.

Drill for push pin also found at home depot or lowes for adjustment. I used a bolt and nut

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish