Barnhill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

martianr

Softball DAD
Jan 26, 2014
Whiting, Iowa
I was going to mention Plain but you beat me to it. Good Job. Now another new post with Gabbie Plain.

I would like to put a new twist on this. Why aren't the SEC and PAC 12 and other coaches demanding the IP being called? MONEY. Just look at us on this Blog. Who has one of the most replies? "The Kelly Barnhill Thread ". We have directed more attention to her and the SEC. More people are watching to see(IMHO) the Illegal pitcher pitch. And I am guilty. I watched to see if the IP will finally be called. And this year it was called more than ever. But nothing like the Northwestern pitcher. The ones To Blame are NCAA, SEC, Florida, Walton and the announcers. Barnhill got a lot of accolades from the SEC, USA and the announcers. The announcers never criticizes her once until it was called.

What is sad, in my opinion, Barnhill was USED. She was used to draw attention to Softball, the wrong way. She was the NCAA and/or the SEC pawn to draw attention and bring in revenue and ratings. This week Twitter exploded with her IP pitching. So the SEC and the NCAA won. But at who's expense.

Soap box done. Just my opinion. No facts.

Jul 5, 2016
The post game press conference was brutal. Walton basically said that the defensive plan wasn’t to throw the ball down the middle and see how far Joslyn could hit it. Wow.

I didn’t know the press conferences were online. Found them on fb, ncaa softball. They are really interesting.

Kind of insulting to his pitching staff and the defense. If your defense only yields 2 runs, you need to be able to win.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
A couple of questions here...

Is Barnhill a great pitcher who Crow hops?

Or is Barnhill a great pitcher because she Crow hops?

Not that she may not crow hop on occasion, but most of her violations, called or not, are for leaping.

Apr 12, 2015
Because she crow hops

I disagree. The way she spins the ball is special. She could be a phenomenal pitcher without the hop.

That said it isn't the crow hop that holds her back....its her mental game. She gets rattled too easily.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I was going to mention Plain but you beat me to it. Good Job. Now another new post with Gabbie Plain.

I would like to put a new twist on this. Why aren't the SEC and PAC 12 and other coaches demanding the IP being called? MONEY. Just look at us on this Blog. Who has one of the most replies? "The Kelly Barnhill Thread ". We have directed more attention to her and the SEC. More people are watching to see(IMHO) the Illegal pitcher pitch. And I am guilty. I watched to see if the IP will finally be called. And this year it was called more than ever. But nothing like the Northwestern pitcher. The ones To Blame are NCAA, SEC, Florida, Walton and the announcers. Barnhill got a lot of accolades from the SEC, USA and the announcers. The announcers never criticizes her once until it was called.

What is sad, in my opinion, Barnhill was USED. She was used to draw attention to Softball, the wrong way. She was the NCAA and/or the SEC pawn to draw attention and bring in revenue and ratings. This week Twitter exploded with her IP pitching. So the SEC and the NCAA won. But at who's expense.

Soap box done. Just my opinion. No facts.

Barnhill became the poster child for IP when she won Player of the Year in 2017...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
A couple of questions here...

Is Barnhill a great pitcher who Crow hops?

Or is Barnhill a great pitcher because she Crow hops?

Barnhill would still be a very good pitcher, but throwing 70 MPH from 43' is a lot different than throwing 70 MPH from 39'. Fuzzy math shows a 70 MPH fastball thrown from 39' is equivalent to a 77 MPH fastball from 43' in batters reaction time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13