Arizona illegal pitches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
So, I figured I'd stir the pot a bit tonight. If you have a chance to watch the Arizona/VA Tech game, watch the Arizona pitcher.

Her foot starts on the rubber, but when she goes into her wind-up, she moves her foot about 6-12" in front of the rubber and pushes from there. This has to be illegal, right?

I can't wait to see how illegal Lemley is for VA Tech...

May 27, 2013
I just put it on. Lemley doesn’t look as obvious as she did last year. They must have really worked on fixing her. Oh yeah - that Arizona pitcher is pulling a Monica Abbott.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I just put it on. Lemley doesn’t look as obvious as she did last year. They must have really worked on fixing her. Oh yeah - that Arizona pitcher is pulling a Monica Abbott.
Lemley looks much better, and Amanda commented on how much they worked on getting rid of her poor footwork.

The other pitcher should be called illegal on every pitch.

Sep 1, 2021
So, I figured I'd stir the pot a bit tonight. If you have a chance to watch the Arizona/VA Tech game, watch the Arizona pitcher.

Her foot starts on the rubber, but when she goes into her wind-up, she moves her foot about 6-12" in front of the rubber and pushes from there. This has to be illegal, right?

I can't wait to see how illegal Lemley is for VA Tech...
I don't understand how they can get to this level of play doing things like that. The world would be having a fit if a girl was doing this at a 12U/B tournament.
I agree that Lemley looks better.

May 27, 2013
Any video?
Don’t have video as it was live on one of the actual ESPN channels yesterday - but you could see her pick up her pivot foot and step forward from behind. Even if she didn’t step forward with the pivot foot her picking it up off the rubber is what made it obvious.

May 29, 2015
I don't understand how they can get to this level of play doing things like that. The world would be having a fit if a girl was doing this at a 12U/B tournament.
I agree that Lemley looks better.

My guess is that NCAA is considered the equivalent of MLB in regards to "we want them to play ball and provide entertainment, rules be damned."

MLB deliberately hasn't called things that are flagrant balks, so much so that ACTUAL enforcement of balks is a major POE for 2023. Oh, the humanity!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802