Barnhill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
Try again on the slowmo video of the crow hop.

[video]https://youtu.be/0p25gXBjkr4[/video]

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I don't know why the umpire suddenly decided to call ONE illegal pitch out of the blue in the fourth inning. He could have called any of the previous 60+. There were some truly blatant ones in the 2nd and 3rd innings.

If you are watching - or watching some of the videos - you can see Barnhill's drag marks. They start about 2' in front and left of the rubber. There is only one way that happens.

You can contrast that with Garcia's drags which start pretty much right at the rubber.

Apr 28, 2016
I don't know why the umpire suddenly decided to call ONE illegal pitch out of the blue in the fourth inning. He could have called any of the previous 60+. There were some truly blatant ones in the 2nd and 3rd innings.

You have to wonder if it was suddenly called because of the slow-mo video close up of her feet from behind that was shown of the previous pitch. They were trying to show something else, but the leap and replant was OBVIOUS. I hate to call conspiracy, but it was almost like someone said, “Oh crap. We just showed that up close on tv. We better make sure it gets called.” Cue illegal pitch call on the next pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 5, 2015
That game had it all. Barnhill finally called for illegal pitch after the first 60 as mentioned weren't called, loses it, ump misses a call at plate because slightly out of position, classy Florida fans counting to 20 to try to rattle Garcia in to delays. Stay classy gator fans. Walton getting tossed after UCLA batter gets rung up on an obvious outside and high strike three. WTF?!? Dewitt heading to first only to get rung up on the 4 fingers up, let me start my lawnmower, this is for Tim strike three. Announcers apoplectic over pitch they thought was clearly ball 4...um, not to the ump.

Great drama

Mar 13, 2010
I’m kinda in two minds on that game.

People on Twitter are losing their damn minds. But that wasn’t a call that could have been made in real time. Even after the first replay the announcers were still saying safe. One we get a replay from the outfield we see it’s out.

But that strike zone and the umpiring in the last dig. Yeesh. That was AWFUL.

And I’ve seen said a few tiles. If Florida want better umpires then they need to accept Barnhill won’t be pitching due to the IP being called.

I’m firmly on the ‘if they won’t call it change it’ but she’s so blatantly illegal.

I also hate the obstruction rule. It’s terrible.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Barnhill certainly has redefined herself as a pitcher this season. Being held accountable to compete within the rules for the first time in your life is not easy.

Nov 27, 2012
Why should Barnhill change anything? Her job is to pitch and it’s the umps job to call the game. If they are not calling illegal and Kelly is successful with her mechanics, why should she change anything. It’s like runners leaving the base early, they are going to do it till they are called out.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Barnhill certainly has redefined herself as a pitcher this season. Being held accountable to compete within the rules for the first time in your life is not easy.

Why should Barnhill change anything? Her job is to pitch and it’s the umps job to call the game. If they are not calling illegal and Kelly is successful with her mechanics, why should she change anything. It’s like runners leaving the base early, they are going to do it till they are called out.

I blame the 12U and 14U umpires that did not call her on it when she was just starting...

Dec 11, 2010
Last edited:

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I blame the 12U and 14U umpires that did not call her on it when she was just starting...

How do you know they didn't?

IMO, this is the fault of Tim Walton and every other coach who knows their pitchers are illegal and insists on putting them in the circle and then blame the umpires who make the call. Remember a few years ago when the umpires were directed to make those calls? This happened after the coaches either complained the IP wasn't being called or that since it wasn't being called, why worry. Remember how crazy the coaches got from Candrea down? They never claimed their pitchers were not illegal, but harassing the umpires for having the audacity to make the call.

If I remember correctly, the NCAA made a change in the umpire hierarchy. Think the coaches had anything to do with that? The coaches are the problem. IMO, some place their numbers over the player and game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad