Barnhill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Walton and the win at all costs mentality. Seeing him berate his players and his constant tirades off to the side makes me a bit uneasy also. Yet he has the 12 yr olds and their parents lined up all the way around the corner. :(

What does that tell you about the parents' mentality?

Jan 30, 2018
SE Michigan
What does that tell you about the parents' mentality?

Yeah, I would never let my 18 year old child go play for him. All he does is teach them to win and push themselves to be better. I am pushing my kid to go out and get a job where her boss pats her on the head and tells her she is doing a good job all the time. Note sarcasm LOL. I don't know him and am not a huge fan myself, but not because of the way he treats his players. He does what is best for the team and no one player is more important than team, that is for sure. That environment is not for everyone. It is the same as everyday life in the business world, get the job done or you will be replaced, I can't think of any way to berate someone more than taking their job and income from them. Walton may berate a player, but he puts that player right back out there. And most of us aren't privy to know the relationship he has with that player, and she may think nothing of it. Someone will be glad your giving your kids spot up on his team. The kids that play for him are not 10-12yr olds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad