Barnhill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I’m surprised that getting one IP on Barnhill is that big of a deal. Why does Florida care? Why does Barnhill care? It’s one “called ball” in a game. Nothing more. She didn’t change anything before or after after that IP.

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
I'm shocked that Walton getting ejected didn't inspire Florida to win.

I was told in the rules forum that yelling at an umpires a great way to motivate a team. ;0)

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I’m surprised that getting one IP on Barnhill is that big of a deal. Why does Florida care? Why does Barnhill care? It’s one “called ball” in a game. Nothing more. She didn’t change anything before or after after that IP.

I think the throwing error rattled her more. Whatever it was - if the speed radar was to be believed - she lost 4-5 mph from that point on.

And the speed radar looked like it was right - Garcia was rearing back and bringing it hard in that last inning. I saw 72 at one point.

Dec 11, 2010
I think the throwing error rattled her more. Whatever it was - if the speed radar was to be believed - she lost 4-5 mph from that point on.

And the speed radar looked like it was right - Garcia was rearing back and bringing it hard in that last inning. I saw 72 at one point.

I didn’t catch that- I missed the throwing error, was in and out of the room. She sure did look rattled though.

Garcia pitched awesome.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I liked when the sideline announcer interviewed Walton and mentioned how many 'points' they had scored so far. Seriously? They can't get people who know the game?

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I didn’t catch that- I missed the throwing error, was in and out of the room. She sure did look rattled though.

Garcia pitched awesome.

Barnhill threw just down the line towards home plate after fielding a bunt. BR ran into the D3’s glove while she was trying to catch it. They charged Barnhill with a throwing error.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
I had to stop watching with all the IP and seeing her strikeout like 8 in a row dong it..I rooted for them last year but am glad they ended up losing last night..
Felt like the bad call at home was more like karma ;)

Jan 28, 2017
I'm shocked that Walton getting ejected didn't inspire Florida to win.

I was told in the rules forum that yelling at an umpires a great way to motivate a team. ;0)

Very odd. With that being the second out and nobody on do you think he was trying to get the umpire to shrink his zone the next inning more so than fire his team up? It didn't do that. LOL

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
How do you know they didn't?...

Like many I have seen it firsthand. They would gush over how hard she threw and was never held accountable. She has been enabled to compete outside the rules since middle school. Now that has caught up to her and she is ill equipped to deal with it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00