Barnhill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Like many I have seen it firsthand. They would gush over how hard she threw and was never held accountable. She has been enabled to compete outside the rules since middle school. Now that has caught up to her and she is ill equipped to deal with it.

Reminds me of a 12U game years ago. Opposing pitcher was leaping every pitch. It was even subtle. Blue never called it, and I never said anything. Then, late inthe game with a runner on third, blue calls my pitcher for bringing hands together twice. I have a little meeting with her about letting every single IP leap go uncalled, but the moment she sees the double touch, she’s all over it. I told her she was right, my pitcher did bring her hands together twice, buteither call it all, or call none. None of this damned picking and choosing.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
If you are watching - or watching some of the videos - you can see Barnhill's drag marks. They start about 2' in front and left of the rubber. There is only one way that happens.

You can contrast that with Garcia's drags which start pretty much right at the rubber.

Feb 15, 2017
Barnhill threw just down the line towards home plate after fielding a bunt. BR ran into the D3’s glove while she was trying to catch it. They charged Barnhill with a throwing error.
Barnhill's throw was a good two feet up up the line towards home. Not the first time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

May 23, 2015
If you call the IP like a balk she would get her winter workouts in and fix it. There's no real consequences.... If the player hits the ball then oh well

Dec 11, 2010
The post game press conference was brutal. Walton basically said that the defensive plan wasn’t to throw the ball down the middle and see how far Joslyn could hit it. Wow.

I didn’t know the press conferences were online. Found them on fb, ncaa softball. They are really interesting.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
The post game press conference was brutal. Walton basically said that the defensive plan wasn’t to throw the ball down the middle and see how far Joslyn could hit it. Wow.

I didn’t know the press conferences were online. Found them on fb, ncaa softball. They are really interesting.

Apparently the offensive plan did not include scoring more runs than the Sooners. I am still trying to find a way to win a game when you do not plate a single run.

Mar 13, 2010
That’s a TERRIBLE comment from Walton.

As Riseball said Gators didn’t score. It’s irrelvant what Alo did. Your batters didn’t bat.

You can follow NCAA and the team on both Facebook and Twitter. There’s some amazing stuff posted.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
How do you know they didn't?

IMO, this is the fault of Tim Walton and every other coach who knows their pitchers are illegal and insists on putting them in the circle and then blame the umpires who make the call. Remember a few years ago when the umpires were directed to make those calls? This happened after the coaches either complained the IP wasn't being called or that since it wasn't being called, why worry. Remember how crazy the coaches got from Candrea down? They never claimed their pitchers were not illegal, but harassing the umpires for having the audacity to make the call.

If I remember correctly, the NCAA made a change in the umpire hierarchy. Think the coaches had anything to do with that? The coaches are the problem. IMO, some place their numbers over the player and game.

Because my DD has been playing against her since she was 10...

Oct 2, 2015
A couple of questions here...

Is Barnhill a great pitcher who Crow hops?

Or is Barnhill a great pitcher because she Crow hops?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand