Arizona illegal pitches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
The Arizona pitcher looks like she might step back with her left foot, too. It's hard to tell if it's actually going backward or just lifting/going sideways, but it's definitely SOME kind of step.

Nov 16, 2021
We saw this all over the place at PGF with the top pitchers there - it seems to be a habit that is formed in lessons, not corrected and continues into games. A lot of things don't really impact the pitch that folks consider to be illegal based on the rules written but taking a step forward seems to be across the line and garners a

May 17, 2012
Agreed, she starts behind the plate, steps back, and then forward. It's not clear from that angle how far forward she actually is. It doesn't appear that she is that far forward.

It's odd, and probably illegal, but not something I would be concerned about as an opposing coach.

May 16, 2016
She has done a remarkable job camouflaging the pitcher's plate... This is in the first inning. Do they not re-line the circle between games in clearwater?

1677082254046.png

May 29, 2015
She has done a remarkable job camouflaging the pitcher's plate... This is in the first inning. Do they not re-line the circle between games in clearwater?

View attachment 27443

I didn't sit and watch the whole thing, but that was the first thing I noticed.

The next thing was they spend a considerable amount of time at about 30 minutes in talking about the other pitcher ... but the broadcast works very hard not to give a good look at this pitcher. Can anybody point to any spot where it isn't this behind view?

May 29, 2015
We saw this all over the place at PGF with the top pitchers there - it seems to be a habit that is formed in lessons, not corrected and continues into games. A lot of things don't really impact the pitch that folks consider to be illegal based on the rules written but taking a step forward seems to be across the line and garners a

Umm ... pushing off from any place other than the pitcher's plate is illegal. I'd say that impacts the pitch.

May 27, 2013
Interesting…..the link that was on Arizona’s FB page where you could actually freeze frame the video and see it is no longer working.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101