Another reason why to wear a facemask

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I couldn't find a video and I can't remember but I think it was a Louisville player that fouled off an inside pitch that went straight up to the bill of her helmet. She was not wearing a mask and it put a huge dent in the bill of the helmet. It missed her face by less than an inch.

Apr 9, 2012
Dont have video but had a high school player take one to the nose. it destroyed her face.

Fake bunt (creep in) power slap to third base. It was not pretty.

And dont say it was inexperience as this is a top state team who has placed in the top 3 for years.

Apr 9, 2012
Women at first. Catcher attempts pickoff. No face mask. Hits her right on the jaw. Saw this on ESPNU in regionals.

Jul 26, 2010
There is no rule banning the use of facemasks. The players have the choice to use them. Some choose poorly. We call that freedom.

-W

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD has @ $5K in dental work in her mouth (braces, dentist, ect), so until she turns 18 (really until she moves out of my house and can support herself) she WILL be wearing a face mask in the field and at bat!!!!!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I saw that hit the Wildcat's batter, on tv. It is a wonder that she didn't get whip lash. (I never wore a batter's helmet. They weren't required until about 1988.)

May 6, 2012
Texas
I hate that there is no rule on wearing a face mask. I have the video from last years game where a baylor player hit the bottom of an inside pitchthe ball went straight from the bat to her eye socket. I play this video to little league and select girls all the time when ever they try to play without a facemask.

Im just praying and hoping that when my niece makes it to high school in 2 years that she still wears her's infield and batting, because we have been at many games she has seen many girls get hit all over their heads not to mention she has taking many grounders to her facemask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan