POLL~ my daughter doesn't like a couple players on the team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Doesn't like couple players quit team?

• Yes, good reason to quit a team

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • No, not good reason to quit a team

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters
May 13, 2023
The parent says
My daughter doesn't like a couple players on the team. She wants to quit this team and go to another...

Is this a reason to quit?

Yes
or
No

What are the thoughts on team shuffling because of this?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Depends on what is going on between the players. If it's toxic, then someone needs to be removed from the situation. If it's just I don't like so and so. Live with it. They don't need to be friends, they need to get the job done as teammates.

Nov 29, 2009
When I have the first team meeting with a new team one of the things I tell the players is I have two demands from them that are absolute. Anything else is up to them. The first is they will respect ALL of their teammates. There will be no name calling, bullying or any other type of disparaging actions towards anyone on the team. Including social media or on whatever app is currently popular. I make it clear they do not have to be friends with everyone on the team. But, they must work with them at practice and during games.

The second demand is they give the team a 100% effort during all team events.

May 27, 2013
Tough call and depends on the situation surrounding her not liking them. However, like others have mentioned, there will always be people you don’t get along with throughout life and you have to learn to deal with it at times. Will this player quit a future job if she doesn’t vibe with a co-worker?

That being said, it is frustrating when there are players you don’t get along with because they are toxic. Very difficult when is it more than one. Since this can potentially become a non-issue by voluntarily moving to another team, then it’s up to her.

Jun 18, 2023
Tough call and depends on the situation surrounding her not liking them. However, like others have mentioned, there will always be people you don’t get along with throughout life and you have to learn to deal with it at times. Will this player quit a future job if she doesn’t vibe with a co-worker?

You should absolutely quit a job where you don't get along with your co-workers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles