POLL~ my daughter doesn't like a couple players on the team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Doesn't like couple players quit team?

• Yes, good reason to quit a team

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • No, not good reason to quit a team

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters
May 13, 2023
Trust me, if the parent(s) make(s) enough of a stink to administration, they will get their kid (or the other kids) moved to a different classroom/teacher
Correct kids don't get to shuffle simply because they want to shuffle. Have to go through all that rigmarore to get that to happen. Need a Valid reason.
And then... Doesn't mean they're kid is going to like all the other kids in the classroom 🤷‍♀️... there doesn't seem to be a problem other than the kid themself disliking a couple others.

REMINDER
This post says the kid doesn't like a couple other players.
Doesn't say the kid is being treated mean by other players.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023
I don't disagree. In the situation I mentioned before with my DD, the PITA was the head coach's kid and he had been made aware numerous times that his kid was a PITA..If my DD wasn't enjoying herself we would have just left before we did.

My daughter did a private tryout with a team where the coach and assistant coach’s kids were there. 10 minutes in they were talking about how they hoped a teammate drowned on vacation. That was a hard no before my daughter even threw a pitch. I appreciate them giving us a true feel for their team at tryouts.

Jun 11, 2013
Like everything there are degrees to what dislike teammates might mean. If it's really toxic it's a good reason to leave if you can. There are times in life you are stuck either playing for a team or not playing (like High school) but this isn't one of them.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
What's frustrating about this thread is a lot of people here didn't just read what RAD put in the OP and decided to invent other scenarios and answer based on those inventions.

The OP says, "My daughter doesn't like a couple players on the team."

It does not say she's being bullied. It does not say there's anything toxic going on. It does not even say players on the team don't like her. It just says she doesn't like a couple players.

If I walked away from a situation every time I had to be around a person or two I didn't like, I'd have to move to a cabin in the mountains. And even that wouldn't work because I'd have to deal with myself every day.

Sometimes you have to deal with people you don't like. If you want to find a new team next year, fine (it's always fine to find a new team next year), but quitting over that? That is not teaching anything we ought to be teaching.

Jun 18, 2023
What's frustrating about this thread is a lot of people here didn't just read what RAD put in the OP and decided to invent other scenarios and answer based on those inventions.

Wait, people are changing the scenario of the ambiguous not-real topic originally posted designed to spark discussion on an internet forum?

what's next, people using sarcasm?

May 13, 2023

The OP says, "My daughter doesn't like a couple players on the team."

It does not say she's being bullied. It does not say there's anything toxic going on. It does not even say players on the team don't like her. It just says she doesn't like a couple players.

If I walked away from a situation every time I had to be around a person or two I didn't like, I'd have to move to a cabin in the mountains.

And even that wouldn't work because I'd have to deal with myself every day.
Lol 🤣
Sometimes you have to deal with people you don't like. If you want to find a new team next year, fine (it's always fine to find a new team next year), but quitting over that? That is not teaching anything we ought to be teaching.
😏Imagine that... people paying attention or not!

Understandable that people want to clarify their perspective on the situation by adding other nuances to it. Perfectly fine opens discussions up!

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Wait, people are changing the scenario of the ambiguous not-real topic originally posted designed to spark discussion on an internet forum?

what's next, people using sarcasm?

I think what made RAD's question interesting is that it was ambiguous. Nothing wrong with expanding on it. I've certainly hijacked plenty of threads in my time. I just didn't see a lot of people actually answering the question, which I think is worth answering.

Anyway, what's sarcasm?

Aug 5, 2022
If you think you’re going to like every kid on your travel team you’ve not played enough travel ball. There’s a difference between not being best friends and being treated poorly. I don’t like everyone I work with but we’re all professional and colleagues at work. That’s how softball is. You’ll be close to some and not others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles