What do you do with uniforms/ gear when you switch teams?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2023
My daughter had one team fall apart after fall and different spring team and just accepted an offer from another team for this upcoming year. She has ten jerseys with her name and number on them and 7 pairs of custom printed pants and three hoodies. Bat packs and helmets (although the team that fell apart had the only helmet that’s ever actually fit her well- so we’re holding on to that one). What do you do with all of this stuff? Will she ever wear it again or should we just give pants/ helmet/ bag back to kids on the team she left as backups? Did you kids ever wear it even for workouts/ pjs?

May 27, 2013
My daughter had one team fall apart after fall and different spring team and just accepted an offer from another team for this upcoming year. She has ten jerseys with her name and number on them and 7 pairs of custom printed pants and three hoodies. Bat packs and helmets (although the team that fell apart had the only helmet that’s ever actually fit her well- so we’re holding on to that one). What do you do with all of this stuff? Will she ever wear it again or should we just give pants/ helmet/ bag back to kids on the team she left as backups? Did you kids ever wear it even for workouts/ pjs?
I have seen several players who kept their jerseys (or parents stored them) and had them all used to make a quilt as a gift when they graduated high school and were going to play in college.

Pants can be tough. Luckily, most of DD’s teams just wore black or grey pants so she’d wear them for practice at HS.

May 29, 2015
DD's former TB program partnered with a softball group in the Philippines and at the end of every summer we would gather everyone's old gear and uni's. We would box it all up and then ship it to the them. Usually 15 huge boxes.

Please tell me you have your players autograph the jerseys! :)

May 29, 2015
Y'all are making me cringe when I look at the pile of umpire shirts and hats with changed association logos and outdated styles ... suggestions for those? I've just been using some of them for yard work.

Dec 19, 2021
I have seen a good number of kids end up playing later on for the same org that they left either voluntarily or not. Many left a particular team and later rejoined with another. Some went to a team with a different org then that team switched to the old org. Goofy, but it happens.

If other teams in the org are around they may appreciate having a backup uniform set for pickup players. Choose a couple shirts for a quilt and give the rest to the org.

Aug 9, 2021
I try to donate both the kid's gear and all fan gear back to the organization. We have no need for it. Figure someone can used the sweatshirts, hats, bags, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles