Another reason why to wear a facemask

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

My DD has @ $5K in dental work in her mouth (braces, dentist, ect), so until she turns 18 (really until she moves out of my house and can support herself) she WILL be wearing a face mask in the field and at bat!!!!!

Amen to that...same here.

My DD is a mid infielder and we were working out for a team we thought she might want to be on (she plays 14U). There was a 16U team on the field as well, so the 14U took the field while the 16Us hit and vice versa. She trotted out to 2nd with no mask (eveybody knows you only need those at 3rd and P, right?) and promptly took a hard grounder that took a nasty hop to the face. She sucked it up and kept going, but you can believe that she had it on the next time she took the field.

No mask while batting is not even an option in my world.

May 27, 2012
I personally hate wearing a facemask. In one of my mid season games, I fouled off a ball that was so inside & it came back and hit me right in my mouth. I had to get 5 stitches in my mouth underneath my bottom lip. My coaches made me wear a facemask the rest of the season. I absolutely hated it. So when I went to play at a four year I didn't wear a facemask. It just feels so much better & also I see the ball better without the mask and it makes your head feel super heavy if your not used to it.

Jul 9, 2010
I can't believe this thread is back, again. But, it's been a few weeks, so I guess it's time again.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan