POLL~ my daughter doesn't like a couple players on the team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Doesn't like couple players quit team?

• Yes, good reason to quit a team

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • No, not good reason to quit a team

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Funny stuff in this article

Apparently, the link I want to post can't be shown. If you want to see how different times were in 1977, look up Reggie Jackson and Thurman Munson, and go to the article on Bleacher Report.

Jun 18, 2023
Reggie Jackson and Thurman Munson hated each other, yet they put aside their differences on the ballfield to win two world series together. Life isn't always easy. Suck it up, buttercup.

Funny thing, for most of their career, neither of those guys could have actually left to find a better situation.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Current team has one kid who thinks she shi*s ice cream and unfortunately the coach has a soft/blind spot to it (she has been with him since she was 8 or 9.. 🤷‍♂️ ). DD will complain about her to us but on the field they are fine..

Need more info on this subject. What flavor ice cream does are we talking about here? If it is Butter Pecan I would cut her immediately but if it was Moose Tracks she is batting leadoff and playing where ever she wants, she can even make the lineup if she wants.

Jun 8, 2016
Need more info on this subject. What flavor ice cream does are we talking about here? If it is Butter Pecan I would cut her immediately but if it was Moose Tracks she is batting leadoff and playing where ever she wants, she can even make the lineup if she wants.
Not sure but if I was on a team with a kid like her growing up it would have been Rocky Road..

May 13, 2023
The parent says
My daughter doesn't like a couple players on the team. She wants to quit this team and go to another...
Realistically that option to go to another team is only available if there is another team to play on.
Rec ball and high school ball don't have that option during the season 🤷‍♀️
Perhaps the option for that player who wants to quit gets to quit for the season not just jump to a new team just cuz she doesn't have a couple likes...

For travel ball that can be a big chunk of money to join another team leaving a big chunk of money behind.
Spending chunks of money to find out whether your daughter is going to like everybody or not.

What happens if your daughter doesn't like other kids in their classrooms? That's going to be difficult. Every classroom different kids what you going to do? Definitely think there's value in learning to realize not everybody is going to be your friend you have to learn to manage through situations. This is learning life!

An approach to this might be asking the individual player if she thinks everybody likes her? What if she wanted to stay on the team but a couple players wanted to kick her off would that be right? Sometimes thinking it through a little bit...
Goes both ways.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I do not think DD liked every player on any of her Teams

The worst-case was a clic, sp?, that hung out at practice. It broke up after the season for what ever reason.

She is still good friends with the leader. It changes quick.

Sep 9, 2019
Is there anyone on here who's DD went through the entire process liking everyone on all her teams? No way. It would need to be beyond dislike to leave a team.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles