POLL~ my daughter doesn't like a couple players on the team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Doesn't like couple players quit team?

• Yes, good reason to quit a team

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • No, not good reason to quit a team

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters
Aug 1, 2019
MN
Funny stuff in this article

Props(?) to Ty Cobb for making this list. His transgressions were 100 years ago, any witnesses are no longer alive, and there is little video of him to judge. Yet he still comes to mind when you think of "baseball villain."

May 13, 2023
Props(?) to Ty Cobb for making this list. His transgressions were 100 years ago, any witnesses are no longer alive, and there is little video of him to judge. Yet he still comes to mind when you think of "baseball villain."
Took a moment to look up some history on Ty Cobb here's a little read I found...

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019
What happens if your daughter doesn't like other kids in their classrooms? That's going to be difficult. Every classroom different kids what you going to do? Definitely think there's value in learning to realize not everybody is going to be your friend you have to learn to manage through situations. This is learning life!
Trust me, if the parent(s) make(s) enough of a stink to administration, they will get their kid (or the other kids) moved to a different classroom/teacher (or academic team, if in middle school). I wish that weren't the case. A few years ago, in seventh-grade, the guidance counselor came to us with a list of 20+ kids out of about 220 seventh-graders who could NOT be in the same classes together. We champion the benefits of social-emotional learning, but only pay lip service to the kids developing conflict resolution skills.

Jun 18, 2023
There's a difference between conflict resolution and just taking it though. Telling a kid to just suck it up is still coddling, it's just coddling the more aggressive/mean/bullying kids.

If it's simply a girl doesn't really like--not fighting, not butting heads and arguing-- her teammates and is looking for a team/situation that is happier or friendlier, that IS conflict resolution.

Jun 8, 2016
There's a difference between conflict resolution and just taking it though. Telling a kid to just suck it up is still coddling, it's just coddling the more aggressive/mean/bullying kids.
If this was in response to my post (there is a reply button, bottom right) I wasn't really talking about the bullying situation (with regards to conflict resolution) although to me the face-to-face bullying stuff is much less of an issue than the online bullying crap that we didn't have to deal with growing up (or at least I didn't). I was more talking about letting kids work through arguments on the playground, etc

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023
If this was in response to my post (there is a reply button, bottom right) I wasn't really talking about the bullying situation (with regards to conflict resolution) although to me the face-to-face bullying stuff is much less of an issue than the online bullying crap that we didn't have to deal with growing up (or at least I didn't). I was more talking about letting kids work through arguments on the playground, etc
yes I didn't reply directly because it wasn't really directed at anyone, just the ongoing shift of the conversation to disagreements outside the softball field. Especially ones like classrooms where it's mostly not a choice to be there.

I just worry that advice to just take it, don't let it bother you, suck it up, etc etc leads to the kid that's struggling disliking or disengaging from something they otherwise would've liked. Whether it's softball or math.

Jun 8, 2016
I just worry that advice to just take it, don't let it bother you, suck it up, etc etc leads to the kid that's struggling disliking or disengaging from something they otherwise would've liked. Whether it's softball or math.
I don't disagree. In the situation I mentioned before with my DD, the PITA was the head coach's kid and he had been made aware numerous times that his kid was a PITA..If my DD wasn't enjoying herself we would have just left before we did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles