Travel tournaments shut down in Ohio

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2017
Ironic, we played a tourney at Berliner last month because of the restrictions here in KY.

Dec 6, 2019
The Ohio Governor just had a press conference. He was asked about sports tournaments and said no dice. Wow, this sucks.

Jul 29, 2016
Teams have spent the entire summer playing tournaments. I expect this to get ignored and/or amended pretty quickly.

Are we sure this isn't only for contact sports?

Edited to Add -

This new rule applies only to sports the government considers full contact (football, soccer, etc). Does not apply to softball per somone in the know.

Here's the order. The very plain language of the order says ALL SPORTS. I think your "somone [sic] in the know" doesn't know.

Feb 12, 2014
Here's the order. The very plain language of the order says ALL SPORTS. I think your "somone [sic] in the know" doesn't know.

Son played at DH at Berliner on Sunday against two different teams. Lots of slowpitch tournament games taking place all over the facility. Franklin Co. Dept of Health and the City of Columbus have been in lock step with the Governor from day one on this, and they didn't step in and stop any of it. Guess my guy who GoGamecocks thinks doesn't know actually knew. GoGamecocks on the other hand doesn't seem to know at all.

Jul 29, 2016
Son played at DH at Berliner on Sunday against two different teams. Lots of slowpitch tournament games taking place all over the facility. Franklin Co. Dept of Health and the City of Columbus have been in lock step with the Governor from day one on this, and they didn't step in and stop any of it. Guess my guy who GoGamecocks thinks doesn't know actually knew. GoGamecocks on the other hand doesn't seem to know at all.

I'm just telling you (and showing you) what the order says. There is no distinction between "contact" and "non-contact" sports. Just because you're local health department didn't stop the games/tournaments doesn't mean they're following the rules. In fact, it suggests to me that they've made a conscious decision to NOT follow the rules.

And for the record, we're playing softball in Georgia. I'd be peeved if our governor issued an order telling us we couldn't.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Watch for this
🚗🚕🚙🚕🚙🚗🚛🚗🚕🚗🚙
The california team carravan comming to a State near you!

Jul 14, 2018
From the director of the New Jersey athletic association this week:

“Maguire wrote that there have been “no known outbreaks precipitated by on-field athletics in New Jersey,” and cited data from TeamSnap, a youth-sports team management application, that more than 100,000 children played organized team sports in New Jersey this summer — “yet there have been no known clusters or spreading of the virus as a result of that activity.”

source: https://www.inquirer.com/high-scho...colleen-maguire-20200825.html?outputType=amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 6, 2019
They've removed all doubt in Ohio now. Tournament venues are starting to cancel any tournaments scheduled for the fall. Indiana here we come!

What's worse, when they announced the no tournaments thing a week ago, they said it was OK to play doubleheaders and tripleheaders against a single opponent on any given day. Now they've changed to one game per day only. It's messed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32