When The Org “Hissy Quits”!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Sometimes it is the org head that hissy quits!

Attached below is the email sent out by an org head disbanding a team dd was on last summer.

The email came out DURING the post game meeting after being eliminated from a tournament. The head coach was doing his normal 35 minute bloviating about how upset he was that the players let him down personally and how they Need To WANT IT and WORK HARDER etc. He didn’t know this was coming either, lol. While the meeting was happening, the parents started looking at their phones, murmuring amongst themselves and walking over to get their daughters. I wasn’t there. My wife and daughter didn’t stay to see it but apparently some people were really upset.

This was my daughters last travel ball game. She had played since she was 8. There were no hugs, no handshakes for a great travel ball career, no congratulations, no well wishes, no team pictures. It was just over with a 10 hour drive to get home.

Here is the email. I deleted identifying info.

Last week I announced we would be going to _______________ Nationals.

Since that time, the following has occurred:

- One of the main Pitchers for the team has an arm injury that has put her out indefinitely

- Some Seniors on the team have had Graduation plans come up given some loosening of COVID 19 restrictions and decided to do those instead of softball.

- Some players who are NON Seniors, have taken on a trend of simply picking and choosing when and which events they choose to show up on, and which ones they decide they are going to play in....providing no real explanations for why they are missing. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY VERY IRRESPONSIBLE AND A DETRIMENT TO THE "TEAM" and its ability to play in events. Thats also just not going to work here any longer. Some seniors pulled this BS too during the Summer as well, continually making it difficult. I will be re-evaluating some of these instances that occurred with the Non-Seniors on this team, to assess whether __________ is still a good fit going forward.

Given the facts listed above, Ive made the unfortunate and disappointing decision to END this team's season and disband the team. First time Ive had to do this in my entire time running Organizations.

The Seniors on the Team will not have to pay the final installment of Club Fees obviously.

I will be moving some players from this team too the ____________ Team to supplement that roster, as they are only down to 10 players on their roster. I will be contacting those players tomorrow. They will continue their Summer season with that team.

If you are NOT a Senior, and you do NOT get a phone call from me tomorrow moving you to the _________^^^Team, your Summer Season with __________ is Over as well.

Should you be in that situation, you are welcome to guest play with other teams thru July to fill your gap. Your final Summer Club Fee payment will turn into your Fall Deposit, should you choose to return for the Fall.

To our Seniors on this team, we wish you the BEST OF LUCK IN COLLEGE, AND WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO ______________. YOU ALL WERE A VALUED PLAYER FOR THIS CLUB, AND I CANT THANK U ENOUGH. AGAIN, GOOD LUCK TOO ALL OF YOU, WE WILL BE WATCHING YOU IN COLLEGE PLAY BALL FOR SURE. Hopefully you can use this newly found free time to spend with family and get ready for your arrival to College

If you didn’t notice, here’s what he said:

Season is over, your team is disbanded.
I’ll put a few of you on another team.
I‘ll call you if you are on that team.
If you don’t get a call, you aren’t on the team.
If you are a Senior, thanks for paying your dues, adios.

So- dd wasn’t age eligible to play on the team he was taking a few players for. It was just over for her. The reason that there were openings in July on THAT team is the head coach of that team Hissy Quit and took players with him.

It’s all fun and games, people. All fun and games.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020
Put it on the Facebook page and any other place you can publicize it.

Let the public know who they might be dealing with.

Ask for complete accounting for the organizations spending for the year. Make sure they get their money back, and THEN they can decide whether they want to be a part of this thing next fall.

And sorry your DD's travel career ended this way.

Dec 11, 2010
Nah- I don’t want it publicized. DD actually enjoyed playing for the org. We have totally moved on. If somebody guesses the org I’d rather you didn’t post it.

If anyone who is looking at this org does any homework at all, they will see that there is quite a bit of turnover. Yet it will be a good match for a few and I’d hate to ruin that.

I can’t really recommend the org anymore but they are kind of “the only game in town” in some ways. They are doing some good in the world even if I can’t agree with how they do it all the time.

Apr 9, 2020
did I read correctly that if you did not a get a call from him to be placed his other team then HE GIVES YOU PERMISSION to guest rest of summer? and your final payment (of which he was delinquent in providing services promised ) still should be paid and can be used to return to organization that doesn't want you in fall?

Dec 11, 2010
Yep!

I really thought it was true comedy. I know not everyone gets the subtle humor of it but after a year and after everything worked out fine for dd I can laugh about it.

Dec 11, 2010
So at that point the dude wasn’t done “helping” us.

The reason we went to that org in the first place is there is a B10 school that was interested in dd. We had developed that mutual interest through camps and doing our homework. The org was in the same state and had sent some players we knew there.

All of a sudden, the coach of that B10 program went dark. Out of the blue, the coach quit returning texts. It roughly corresponded to the time that we told the tb org head that the school was interested in dd. We did not make that connection at the time. Meanwhile, the tb org head kept claiming he was talking to the college coach and they were interested.

Then… a former coach that dd had played for that I was still friends with called. He called just to visit. He ends up saying he was talking to another coach about dd, and that coach thought dd was committed to the original B10 school. This former coach of dd ends up exchanging a bunch of info and basically paves the way for dd to attend her dream school, the school that she wanted to go to since she was 14.

But not so fast! Now the org head that wrote the above email has to get involved! Of course he is going to advocate for his player, right? The player that the college coach is already sold on, the player that this college coach has seen play 20 times…. Not so much. We find out later that he has tried to bait and switch…. “So you like this player? Well let me tell you, you are REALLY going to like this OTHER player!”

It didn’t work. The college coach knew dd, knew she had true interest in attending school there. Thankfully, she took a pass on the org heads “advice”. We later find out this guy is very famous for this.

This system really sucks, and that statement is not limited to this one org. There are deals, side deals and side deals on the side deals. Meanwhile, most parents never see or get shown how the game works.

Last edited:
May 21, 2018

The reason we went to that org in the first place is there is a B10 school that was interested in dd. We had developed that mutual interest through camps and doing our homework. The org was in the same state and had sent some players we knew there.

All of a sudden, the coach of that B10 program went dark. Out of the blue, the coach quit returning texts. It roughly corresponded to the time that we told the tb org head that the school was interested in dd. We did not make that connection. Meanwhile, the tb org head kept claiming he was talking to the college coach and they were interested.

Then… a former coach that dd had played for that I was still friends with called. He called just to visit. He ends up saying he was talking to another coach about dd, and that coach thought dd was committed to the original B10 school. This former coach of dd ends up exchanging a bunch of info and basically paves the way for dd to attend her dream school, the school that she wanted to go to since she was 14.

But not so fast! Now the org head that wrote the above email has to get involved! Of course he is going to advocate for his player, right? The player that the college coach is already sold on, the player that this college coach has seen play 20 times…. Not so much. We find out later that he has tried to bait and switch…. “So you like this player? Well let me tell you, you are REALLY going to like this OTHER player!”

It didn’t work. The college coach knew dd, knew she had true interest in attending school there. Thankfully, she took a pass on the org heads “advice”. We later find out this guy is very famous for this.

This system really sucks, and that statement is not limited to this one org. There are deals, side deals and side deals on the side deals. Meanwhile, most parents never see or get shown how the game works.
What a tangled web we weave. Good lord, that's quite a story.

Glad it worked out for you..........it did work out in a positive way right?

Oct 4, 2018

All of a sudden, the coach of that B10 program went dark. Out of the blue, the coach quit returning texts. It roughly corresponded to the time that we told the tb org head that the school was interested in dd. We did not make that connection. Meanwhile, the tb org head kept claiming he was talking to the college coach and they were interested.

I couldn't follow this at all. Perhaps it's because I haven't had my morning coffee.

What's a B10 school?

Is that where she's going?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802