Travel tournaments shut down in Ohio

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 6, 2019
Ohio issued a new health order last night limiting any and all sports teams (amateur, club, even professional, whether contact or non-contact) to playing no more than one opponent team in any 24-hour period. You are free to play that same team as many times as you want, but no other teams. Expect Ohio teams to be travelling to neighboring states this fall.

May 20, 2016
Weird when they do the one size fits all. Seems they conveniently made sure that HS football could still be played in their new rules.

Apr 1, 2017
Illinois new rules that went active on Aug. 15th do the same. Games are allowed, but not tournaments. Games are supposed to played between teams in the same health department "region" (state has 11 regions). Can also play against opponents in the same league or conference, regardless of region.

Out-of-state play is banned too, but I've been told the state doesn't have the authority to actually enforce that. My org has said they are following the guidelines and no out-of-state allowed.

There may be people that have figured out a way around the tournament ban, but we play a pretty relaxed fall season with weekend double-headers only, so I haven't spent any time looking for tournaments.

Feb 12, 2014
Teams have spent the entire summer playing tournaments. I expect this to get ignored and/or amended pretty quickly.

Are we sure this isn't only for contact sports?

Edited to Add -

This new rule applies only to sports the government considers full contact (football, soccer, etc). Does not apply to softball per somone in the know.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019
Teams have spent the entire summer playing tournaments. I expect this to get ignored and/or amended pretty quickly.

Edited to Add -

This new rule applies only to sports the government considers full contact (football, soccer, etc). Does not apply to softball per somone in the know.

Hopefully your "someone in the know" can get the order amended to reflect this. As it stands now, the order applies to all sports at all levels. It even says those that are already permitted to play (e.g. softball and baseball), and those that will be permitted to play (contact sports).

Feb 12, 2014
Hopefully your "someone in the know" can get the order amended to reflect this. As it stands now, the order applies to all sports at all levels. It even says those that are already permitted to play (e.g. softball and baseball), and those that will be permitted to play (contact sports).

Guess we'll wait and see who is right. Fall tourneys for baseball are already being played and softball is starting soon.

Dec 6, 2019

Edited to Add -

Does your guy know if the spectator face covering mandate only applies to those contact sports? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA