No practices of any kind-a message from our district

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
On Sunday the district sent out this message,

"Here is the message that I received from --- Athletics ; the governing body for interscholastic athletics.

With the closing of schools by order of the County Executive, no practices are allowed for the next two weeks. Practices may resume on ----.
Scrimmages and games may resume on ----. This could be adjusted depending on changing circumstances.

No practices of any kind, with or without coaches are permitted.
"

Yesterday I took my DDs, a freshmen and junior, to practice at the school field. An hour after we returned home this message was posted,

"Yesterday a message was sent out that schools are closed for ---. Teams and individuals should not be practicing. This includes team captains holding a practice.
No practices of any kind, with or without a coach. Avoid close contact with other individuals. Parents encourage your children to stay home and not come up to the high school and practice with their friends
."

I wear a distinctive jacket, been told it is my trademark. I think anyone who could've sent out that second message would know it is me with my DDs. Do they think it is more of a problem for my DDs to be throwing around a softball then sharing a kitchen space in the house?

I called our state hotline to confirm there are no red flags for sisters to be going outside and practice, away from other people.

Am I missing something?

Jun 8, 2016
On Sunday the district sent out this message,

"Here is the message that I received from --- Athletics ; the governing body for interscholastic athletics.

With the closing of schools by order of the County Executive, no practices are allowed for the next two weeks. Practices may resume on ----.
Scrimmages and games may resume on ----. This could be adjusted depending on changing circumstances.

No practices of any kind, with or without coaches are permitted.
"

Yesterday I took my DDs, a freshmen and junior, to practice at the school field. An hour after we returned home this message was posted,

"Yesterday a message was sent out that schools are closed for ---. Teams and individuals should not be practicing. This includes team captains holding a practice.
No practices of any kind, with or without a coach. Avoid close contact with other individuals. Parents encourage your children to stay home and not come up to the high school and practice with their friends
."

I wear a distinctive jacket, been told it is my trademark. I think anyone who could've sent out that second message would know it is me with my DDs. Do they think it is more of a problem for my DDs to be throwing around a softball then sharing a kitchen space in the house?

I called our state hotline to confirm there are no red flags for sisters to be going outside and practice, away from other people.

Am I missing something?
Just find another public field to workout at. Sounds like they just don't want anybody on school grounds.

Jun 8, 2016
They just closed all the parks to everyone in our little town. Geez
Playgrounds with slides,etc I can see doing that. Worse comes worse there is a big open field near my house which we can use to hit at least 🤷‍♂️

May 16, 2016
Illinois
We just left our local high schools batting cage. It was myself, my daughter and my son. I don't see any difference if we are at the high school batting cage or if we are out in the front yard shooting hoops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802