When The Org “Hissy Quits”!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Blows my mind that orgs would act like this. Hopefully it catches up to them at some point.

Best of luck to your DD. This is not how she should remember travel ball.

Dec 11, 2010
Blows my mind that orgs would act like this. Hopefully it catches up to them at some point.

Best of luck to your DD. This is not how she should remember travel ball.
Thanks man. It’s all in the rear view mirror now.

It was a rough year with her senior year of hs ball cancelled then all this. Looking back, I think this was harder on her than I realized at the time.

She has settled in to her college team and all is well! I think she is really enjoying where she is at. She heads back in a few weeks- I’m going to miss having her around here!

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
- Some players who are NON Seniors, have taken on a trend of simply picking and choosing when and which events they choose to show up on, and which ones they decide they are going to play in....providing no real explanations for why they are missing. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY VERY IRRESPONSIBLE AND A DETRIMENT TO THE "TEAM" and its ability to play in events. Thats also just not going to work here any longer. Some seniors pulled this BS too during the Summer as well, continually making it difficult. I will be re-evaluating some of these instances that occurred with the Non-Seniors on this team, to assess whether __________ is still a good fit going forward.

Given the facts listed above, Ive made the unfortunate and disappointing decision to END this team's season and disband the team. First time Ive had to do this in my entire time running Organizations.

The Seniors on the Team will not have to pay the final installment of Club Fees obviously.

I will be moving some players from this team too the ____________ Team to supplement that roster, as they are only down to 10 players on their roster. I will be contacting those players tomorrow. They will continue their Summer season with that team.

If you are NOT a Senior, and you do NOT get a phone call from me tomorrow moving you to the _________^^^Team, your Summer Season with __________ is Over as well.

Should you be in that situation, you are welcome to guest play with other teams thru July to fill your gap. Your final Summer Club Fee payment will turn into your Fall Deposit, should you choose to return for the Fall.

To our Seniors on this team, we wish you the BEST OF LUCK IN COLLEGE, AND WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO ______________. YOU ALL WERE A VALUED PLAYER FOR THIS CLUB, AND I CANT THANK U ENOUGH. AGAIN, GOOD LUCK TOO ALL OF YOU, WE WILL BE WATCHING YOU IN COLLEGE PLAY BALL FOR SURE. Hopefully you can use this newly found free time to spend with family and get ready for your arrival to College

If you didn’t notice, here’s what he said:

Season is over, your team is disbanded.
I’ll put a few of you on another team.
I‘ll call you if you are on that team.
If you don’t get a call, you aren’t on the team.
If you are a Senior, thanks for paying your dues, adios.

So- dd wasn’t age eligible to play on the team he was taking a few players for. It was just over for her. The reason that there were openings in July on THAT team is the head coach of that team Hissy Quit and took players with him.

It’s all fun and games, people. All fun and games.
Maybe this post was more of a venting than an discrepancy by the coach, just sayin'
There is an issue with team/players attendance defined within that post.
Do know notice other coaches speaking about the same issue.

Teams work by everyone making a commitment to a schedule.
See people boohoo the larger rosters of 16-17+.
However without people showing up, will need atleast that.
Cause and effect in action.
With the result unfortunetly biting the entire situation in the tushie.

Have always implemented standards, encourage it.
With guidelines clearly communicated.
When people agree to those things, it means they will hold themselves accountable.
However there are people who simply dont. They make a 'so called commitment' while really only priritizing themselves when it comes time.

Perhaps a sign of the times,
But i dont think it can be overlooked that its happening more.

Not certain the reason, definetly can see it. Perhaps its....
More teams mean more doors to walk in and out of.
Like shopping and fast food.

Jun 8, 2016
Maybe this post was more of a venting than an discrepancy by the coach, just sayin'
There is an issue with team/players attendance defined within that post.
Do know notice other coaches speaking about the same issue.

Teams work by everyone making a commitment to a schedule.
See people boohoo the larger rosters of 16-17+.
However without people showing up, will need atleast that.
Cause and effect in action.
With the result unfortunetly biting the entire situation in the tushie.

Have always implemented standards, encourage it.
With guidelines clearly communicated.
When people agree to those things, it means they will hold themselves accountable.
However there are people who simply dont. They make a 'so called commitment' while really only priritizing themselves when it comes time.

Perhaps a sign of the times,
But i dont think it can be overlooked that its happening more.

Not certain the reason, definetly can see it. Perhaps its....
More teams mean more doors to walk in and out of.
Like shopping and fast food.
Disband the team after the season is done..not with a month left..there are kids on the team who were working hard..why punish them?

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Disband the team after the season is done..not with a month left..there are kids on the team who were working hard..why punish them?
My comment is regarding the overall situation that occurs on teams.

As to the OP original post.
There is generally always missing information to the story/scenario.
Example basic info
within the post says
#1 pitcher injured
So how many pitchers left?
Who will actually attend final event?
Doesnt say all the other conversation that may have already happened.

Seriously too many other variables to make a judgement.

Will say this.
If a team from out of state had planned to fly to say colorado for sparkler.
And a coach recognized things are going to be a disaster.

Cancelling and saving over $20,000/$30,00 for the rest of the group might just be smart.

Jun 8, 2016
My comment is regarding the overall situation that occurs on teams.

As to the OP original post.
There is generally always missing information to the story/scenario.
Example basic info
within the post says
#1 pitcher injured
So how many pitchers left?
Who will actually attend final event?
Doesnt say all the other conversation that may have already happened.

Seriously too many other variables to make a judgement.

Will say this.
If a team from out of state had planned to fly to say colorado for sparkler.
And a coach recognized things are going to be a disaster.

Cancelling and saving over $20,000/$30,00 for the rest of the group might just be smart.
Sure, but based upon on the source I trust that in the situation which is being discussed, disbanding was not appropriate.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Based upon on the source I trust that in the situation given, disbanding was not appropriate.
The source only offered a little.
You may know more about that team. You also may want to support the op. Okay, nice!
To me, its a topic that affects
softball.

imo
Posted valid disccussion points about situations like this.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
There is definitely a lack of dedication today. Fewer orgs are truly dedicated to their players/families. Fewer players/families are truly dedicated to their orgs. We could debate which started it but the fact is it exists. Sometimes orgs are forced to make difficult decisions and even if the decision isnt popular it may be the right decision. That said there are right ways and wrong ways to handle the situation.

If I was the coach here is what I would do. Start with a parents meeting. Explain the situation. Pitcher hurt. Other players not showing up. Etc. Then ask for their input. Do you want to try to make this work until the end of the season? Should we try to add a player or two to cover our needs? Or should we fold? Give people the opportunity to see the facts and make an educated decision. If they are not interested in helping to make that decision, that in a way, is making the decision for you.

Jun 8, 2016
The source only offered a little.
You may know more about that team. You also may want to support the op. Okay, nice!
To me, its a topic that affects
softball.

imo
Posted valid disccussion points about situations like this.
I get it and you are correct there are certainly situations where doing what was done is appropriate. I don’t support anybody..you know me better than that 😂

Jun 8, 2016
With the team in question they would have no issues getting quality pickups if it came to that…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22