These kids are good..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I have seen a bunch of MS/early HS kids posting (or their parents are posting) their #iworksohard workout videos on FB/Twitter/Insta and I don't think I have seen one bad swing (or at least a bad result) or one missed GB. Must be nice...I am sure the 230 college coaches they tag are equally impressed :p

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
With everything such a mess right now, I wonder how many young ladies took it as an opportunity to regroup and get better.

Good for them.

Jun 8, 2016
With everything such a mess right now, I wonder how many young ladies took it as an opportunity to regroup and get better.

Good for them.
Working hard is great but not sure why they feel the need to show everybody other than they love the praise they get from doing it. Posting game video is one thing, posting yourself hitting off the tee on a Friday night however... Heck, one 2026 kid has her extra innings rank as part of her twitter handle... :ROFLMAO:

Obviously it doesn't make them bad kids but you have to wonder if it doesn't rub some coaches the wrong way...

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2014
These twitter posts are the "new" college camp posts with college coaches. Remember those? Kids go to every big program then they can't cut it so they commit to a lesser program and swear it was due to their major or "they chose academics over softball". That's a great choice, my only question would be why did you spend $37,000 on camps only to then discover that all along you wanted an "Academic school"? Did you just figure out that you are smart :)

Oct 26, 2019
Most college coaches I would think don’t like it, but it’s a necessary evil for them - hence why you will see several of them like the post no matter how good/bad the player is. I have a local college coach that will occasionally send me tweets/posts from HS players that he thinks are funny. Recent ones were a dad throwing front toss with no screen. Dude wasn’t even flinching (he’s probably a serial killer now that I think about it). Another one had a girl doing push-ups with a case of water on her back. She had tagged the local D3 school and Alabama. At least she is casting a wide net.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
insta-social media is normal for these generations. All topics really.
Add recruitment from video/live feed games...
Its a recipe for another reality show.
Season #1 comming shortly ...
'watch-us-train'

VHS tapes were more private...
Was that better? Probably not.

May 27, 2013
These twitter posts are the "new" college camp posts with college coaches. Remember those? Kids go to every big program then they can't cut it so they commit to a lesser program and swear it was due to their major or "they chose academics over softball". That's a great choice, my only question would be why did you spend $37,000 on camps only to then discover that all along you wanted an "Academic school"? Did you just figure out that you are smart :)

Not saying you’re wrong for some girls’ intentions, but sometimes early on one might not realize they can make the cut to get into an academic school until they take the SAT/ACT (typically beginning of junior year) and have had an academic pre-read done the following summer. Not all 4.0 students are on a similar academic level and the pre-read determines that. Recruiting timelines are different for those schools vs your typical D1 schools. Now, things might be different this year with the majority of schools going test-optional from the start. However, nothing wrong with casting wide nets until things become closer in view.

May 27, 2013
Do all these posts and presence on FB/Twitter/Insta actually help to get recruited?

Some college coaches will say they do. It will help get some girls on coaches’ radars early on if there are no camps on campus.

Some will say tagging the coaches will actually work against you (their school wasn’t listed 1st, you forgot to tag someone, other schools will think you have no interest in them so why bother, etc).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12