All High School Coaches Are Bad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
🤣

Made me laugh!

Then I thought about a book club and people sitting around after reading a book and bitching at each other about it 🤣

LOL imagine...
read that entire book and it was terrible. the ending terrible. can't believe I wasted my time reading such a lousy book.
after the first chapter it was bad enough then I read the second chapter and the third chapter and it got worse.
but I was forced to read the entire book because I wouldn't set the book down.
Couldnt set it down because had to get to the end of the book just to find out if it got better. then the ending was terrible. wow what a bad experience.
My DW was in an online book club once..that is the extent of my knowledge of how it went, that she was in it. I haven't read a book that isn't 50% equations since I had kids..

Jun 8, 2016
Is there evidence that this is in fact true? I've not seen any stats.
N=1 but DD's future HS has had at least 4 coaches over the last 10 years. That said I don't think they are getting fired, but instead just leaving.

Edit: and yes I know @El Oso has me on ignore so everybody else can enjoy the statistically insignificant information

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Is there evidence that this is in fact true? I've not seen any stats.
Do you always need everything in statistical form or are observation skills ok? 🙂

Not speaking for the entire nation of course but definitely know so cal.
lots of high school's coaches jump seasonally one or two years is common. Long-term coaches much less common. any coach over 5 years rare.

it's strange how much turnover there is because an environment like high school actually can be developed over the years because they have the benefit of returning players for 4 years.
Would think coaches would want to stay there and develop programs but they just don't get the support and they move on.

This is one of the factors of why I think travel ball has grown so much.
* people willing to coach travel ball and stick with that because they get to do what they want without the predicament of the principal or the athletic director and they get to handle parents/players however they want,
but not so in high school.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
What did you expect? Many like me are Type A personalities. Did you really think someone like me would jump on here and say that you are correct and we all suck? LOL
As an FYI, my tongue was so much in my cheek that it became an appendage. I get it. My dd's high school coach for her senior year was an idiot.

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I do enjoy a discussion based on facts much more than one based on opinions and anecdotal observations.
Kind of funny about of the conversation that's what stuck out to you.

Work with high school players.
Tend to find out what's happening at their high schools. Get to find out what's happening in multiple different areas across the grid of society.
Add knowing coaches who coach in high school and how they move around from schools to schools.

Yep Hands-On feedback.

Jul 19, 2021
Kind of funny about of the conversation that's what stuck out to you.

Work with high school players.
Tend to find out what's happening at their high schools. Get to find out what's happening in multiple different areas across the grid of society.
Add knowing coaches who coach in high school and how they move around from schools to schools.

Yep Hands-On feedback.
Funny how? I was curious so I happened to ask you a question about it. And it was a serious question. I would like to know if there is evidence of huge turnover among HS softball coaches. Sorry if that struck you wrong. It was just a question. I'm not being dismissive of your experience, it's just very anecdotal and not the type of statistical evidence I was interested in seeing. No offense intended.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Funny how? I was curious so I happened to ask you a question about it. And it was a serious question. I would like to know if there is evidence of huge turnover among HS softball coaches. Sorry if that struck you wrong. It was just a question. I'm not being dismissive of your experience, it's just very anecdotal and not the type of statistical evidence I was interested in seeing. No offense intended.
All good.

Stood out funny to me because instead of looking at what the post had with in it that's what you commented on.

Glad that every conversation does not have to be statistical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom