Proper bat length and weight

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
[MENTION=14154]Matt21[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16143]OsDad[/MENTION] are both going to leave me standing in their dust if I don't up my game! They've lost their mind.........glove people:rolleyes:.

Haaa! I'm light years behind you. And until I can lace a glove with my eyes closed, like yourself, I can't be mentioned in the same thread.
I'm still working on one more for myself, but have helped a few softball parents with gloves for their kids recently. It's nice not having to write the check, and even cooler to see the looks on their faces when their new glove arrives....at least until they realize how much work breaking in new glove can be.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm going to need a will, alright, if my wife finds another glove in my truck lol

Gloves are kinda like Glock pistols.........you can have 10 different ones, in different calibers, they all look the same! So here's your strategy, you've got to either stick with all tan Horween exclusives or all Timberglaze leather in different sizes or patterns, but you can't keep them together side by side!

Just a little free tip here from your sneaky hoarder marriage counselor:cool:.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Haaa! I'm light years behind you. And until I can lace a glove with my eyes closed, like yourself, I can't be mentioned in the same thread.
I'm still working on one more for myself, but have helped a few softball parents with gloves for their kids recently. It's nice not having to write the check, and even cooler to see the looks on their faces when their new glove arrives....at least until they realize how much work breaking in new glove can be.

I've got you all fooled......what gloves? I just copy & paste all these glove photos! And I've never laced a glove before in my life, at least not (or especially) with my eye closed!

Love your last couple sentences Matt, it's true, I love when people come to me for glove advice and it all works out perfectly......cause it doesn't always work out perfectly! I sure Core gets to experience this on almost a daily basis with all the bats he moves and people he deals with! Giving great advice, saving people money, and selling great products that work tend to make people happy!

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Gloves are kinda like Glock pistols.........you can have 10 different ones, in different calibers, they all look the same! So here's your strategy, you've got to either stick with all tan Horween exclusives or all Timberglaze leather in different sizes or patterns, but you can't keep them together side by side!

Just a little free tip here from your sneaky hoarder marriage counselor:cool:.

It would definitely be Horween, since I could re-purpose them to either build a temporary bomb-proof shelter, or to hand out blunt-force trauma in the event I need to defend myself.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
It would definitely be Horween, since I could re-purpose them to either build a temporary bomb-proof shelter, or to hand out blunt-force trauma in the event I need to defend myself.

So I take it that Horween leather has made a slight impression on you?

That's pretty dang funny!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Hahaha, its not easy...that's for sure. And sometimes trying to be helpful only puts your neck on the line. For the most part, 99.9% of folks are awesome.
Im sure some folks can sense when I had a bad day when they text me :)

But the texts I get from excited parents with happy kids, makes everything worth it and will always make a day better

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hahaha, its not easy...that's for sure. And sometimes trying to be helpful only puts your neck on the line. For the most part, 99.9% of folks are awesome.
Im sure some folks can sense when I had a bad day when they text me :)

But the texts I get from excited parents with happy kids, makes everything worth it and will always make a day better

Last sentence, bingo, winner winner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi