10u Bat Size, Another year of a -13?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2020
I coach a 10U team and 10 of the 11 girls we have swing a 29/18. One of them swings a 30/19 and she is 5’1” and strong. I would stay in a 29.
My thought is that if she stays at a 29, or even moves to a 30, that she may be ready to at least eat into the -13. Like you mentioned, your players are all at drop 11.

Oct 26, 2019
My thought is that if she stays at a 29, or even moves to a 30, that she may be ready to at least eat into the -13. Like you mentioned, your players are all at drop 11.
Yes I definitely think she should go to a drop 11. If you stay with a Demarini then it won’t be a big adjustment.

just don’t do the vendetta model - those are garbage. Go with one of the CFs

Dec 15, 2019
Yes I definitely think she should go to a drop 11. If you stay with a Demarini then it won’t be a big adjustment.

just don’t do the vendetta model - those are garbage. Go with one of the CFs

I disagree about the Vendetta. There are better Demarini bats but at that price it’s hard to beat it. My daughter is on her second one (first one was a hand me down) but will be getting a Prism for Christmas.

Oct 26, 2019
I disagree about the Vendetta. There are better Demarini bats but at that price it’s hard to beat it. My daughter is on her second one (first one was a hand me down) but will be getting a Prism for Christmas.
I wasn’t doing a price comparison or value for the money - just comparing it to a CF, Ghost, or LXT and it’s not close. She will notice a big difference with the prism. If money is an issue or you are looking to save, I honestly think the Bustos or the Easton Stealth entry level composite are better bats at the same price.

Disclaimer: I may have just not seen a good player hit with a vendetta yet, therefore my opinion is swayed unfairly.

Jun 19, 2016
My DD is 5'4" and 151# and she uses a 31/21 LXT. I think the 31" bat is way too long. Given her petite size I would stick with Demarini CF bats. The 28/17 models have a surprising long barrel for that size.

Dec 12, 2020
My DD is 5'4" and 151# and she uses a 31/21 LXT. I think the 31" bat is way too long. Given her petite size I would stick with Demarini CF bats. The 28/17 models have a surprising long barrel for that size.
Thanks Brian. I think we will stick with a 29. Maybe look for a drop 11.

The next question, anyone care to talk about when they first bought a "good" bat? I've been hesitant, but my DD does work incredibly hard at home, and because so her swing is starting to come together.

Does it make sense at this time, or is the difference negligible at this age?

Oct 26, 2019
Thanks Brian. I think we will stick with a 29. Maybe look for a drop 11.

The next question, anyone care to talk about when they first bought a "good" bat? I've been hesitant, but my DD does work incredibly hard at home, and because so her swing is starting to come together.

Does it make sense at this time, or is the difference negligible at this age?
Ad much as I hate to admit it - it makes a difference. I rationalize it this way. As long as my daughters are good students and work hard, I will provide them with the best equipment I can afford.

Apr 20, 2015
9u got her first good bat on sale last years model. Sister has always swung the good bat hand me downs from her sister. 4yo swinging the cf6 in tee ball was hysterical. First full price bat came 2nd year 10s when she made a bug jump in competition but even then I still look for sales. Picked up several bats on demarini 50% off day

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dec 12, 2020
Ad much as I hate to admit it - it makes a difference. I rationalize it this way. As long as my daughters are good students and work hard, I will provide them with the best equipment I can afford.
They are and do (I have two 10u, same team).

I agree with this train of thought.

Dec 12, 2020
9u got her first good bat on sale last years model. Sister has always swung the good bat hand me downs from her sister. 4yo swinging the cf6 in tee ball was hysterical. First full price bat came 2nd year 10s when she made a bug jump in competition but even then I still look for sales. Picked up several bats on demarini 50% off day

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
1/2 off day...what is this??

I'm sure I've missed it, but I've seen in mentioned a few times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom