Down to...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Hip slip happens in every swing unless your attempting to turn the rear leg/hip relationship (no hip slip ) to power the swing while swinging around the ball. Using it (hip slip) as the source of power combined with forcing barrel turn is made up by someone whose never felt the high level pattern but attempted to duplicate through watching video and then convinced others he had a match.

xBMQtGf.gif

More for the truth seekers...

Focus on the rear arm movement.. One is attempting to ttb while the other is throwing the barrel.

vokkeCw.gif

SsykJch.gif
These are not hip slips. Hip slips occur when hitters continue their forward momentum after foot down (lunging). Typically due to the lower body firing to late or losing instep pressure at foot down.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I think ‘hip slip’ is in reference to the pelvis ERing to its ROM over a stable back femur. At least that’s my interpretation.

cant be done without the femur being stable.

May 12, 2016
Not seeing hands to the ball, down to....

I see barrel turned to the ball, down to...
The barrel turns of course, I don’t think it’s any hitters intention to reach out and catch the ball or hit off their knuckles. But I definitely see the hands starting down too... just like all the pics I posted earlier in the thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802