Newbie composite question and real feedback on new bat...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The Ghost are pretty good asap. Couple swings and your gtg.

In our experience with every model of Ghost (except the grey/yellow one), there is a short break-in period. We've noticed it most with the Advanced and new Double Barrel. The sound out of the wrapper is high-pitched and "tight". The sound changes over the course of a couple hundred hits and develops into the typical Ghost rifle-shot sound, which is a bit lower-pitched and "open". We didn't notice the change in sound as much with the older models (grey/blue and dual stamp).

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
I know I am in the minority here but I see these pictures of bats breaking and of broken ones and all I see is ball marks all the way down the throat almost to the handle, and way off the end. If you are not using the barrel what do you expect to happen?? Get a sweet spot bat, camwood or the like and work off the tee. just my opinion though. :)
Maybe one or two below the E, everything else is in the main window to the end.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
In our experience with every model of Ghost (except the grey/yellow one), there is a short break-in period. We've noticed it most with the Advanced and new Double Barrel. The sound out of the wrapper is high-pitched and "tight". The sound changes over the course of a couple hundred hits and develops into the typical Ghost rifle-shot sound, which is a bit lower-pitched and "open". We didn't notice the change in sound as much with the older models (grey/blue and dual stamp).
Again, very short break in...not 500 or 3000 hits...haha. I would go out and hit a few rounds and be gtg. Honestly, I would have no problem yanking out of the wrapper and game hitting.

Btw, Happy Birthday old timer!!!!!

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
DDs 2020 ghost got some faint cracks, was time to move up anyway, got the GA, seen same thing.

just for fun, I grabbed her 2020, and swung it full bore against corner of a dumpster (next door was having rennovations done) half a dozen times, could not see a differeence after that.

faint cracks do not seem to be a reliable indicator. when it is time to go, it will go. I would use it right up until about 30 days before warranty expiration, or until it does not seem to have pop anymore, then return it.

if you do get a warranty replacement, they warranty the replacment, but only from origiinal date of purchase. so wait, until right before, and then get the new one. budget a new bat every year, this way if it fails just out of warranty, then you can replace it. and find a composite backup as well, we got a used but in fair condition demarini as a backup. this is used for heavy balls, dimples, cold weather, et

Not really toothy like a break is...and the others look exactly like paint seems
We just rolling with it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23