Proper bat length and weight

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2015
USA
Who isn't chill...did I use capitals.

Actually talking to WW

Mj, I am perfectly fine with stuff like this as a starter reference and then going from there. From personal experience, too many hold
these graphs/books/whatever as the set in stone holy grail and this is what is has to be.

The only point I was trying to make, it is ok if your dd doesn't fit what any of these tables/graphs/yada yada say she should be swinging. Just because
whatever says that's her bat, doesn't mean its correct. Use it to get a starting point and don't be afraid to let her be her own hitter. You never know
what you may be missing.

Just how it comes off. The way you write I guess. I didn't see this as a written in stone gotta do it this way type of post. The OP was just a reference for someone to start with.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Best way to determine correct bat size is to see if you can swing it without compromising mechanics. Before you purchase one have your DD ask if she can her user teammate's bats and watch her swing. If a kid has decent mechanics
they can probably swing a bigger/heavier bat than you would expect..if they don't well the bat won't matter anyway :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi