Swing evaluation please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2020
She is very strong and quick but almost out of control. Head / eyes are being jerked around by such a violent move. She needs a more in controlled swing. I would be going back to the tee. When she can hit 9 out of 10 line drives to RC field with a smoother stroke then I would return to front toss. She is hitting but not swinging if that makes sense.
I would tend to agree with you. The first video is a HitTrax session and aiming for the leaderboard for exit velo and distance is something that I don't think is helpful to development.

Jan 15, 2020
How much work was she getting when that guy was helping her compared to now?
As in she hasn't hit at all during the week for the last 2 months?
No, sorry, she was meeting with the Dad 2X/wk for 1.5 - 2 hrs.. Now, she has team practice 2X/week and occasionally meets with her regular hitting coach, but he has limited availability. It's mostly me and my wife in the backyard having he do tee work and pitching using a Jugs lite-flite machine around 4X/wk.

Jun 8, 2016
No, sorry. She has team practice 2X/week, and occasionally meets with her regular hitting coach, but he has limited availability. It's mostly me and my wife in the backyard having he do tee work and pitching using a Jugs lite-flite machine around 4X/wk. All the video from the backyard is off the Jugs machine.
Ok. Do you have video from when she was hitting well?

Jun 8, 2016
Like @Work=wins and @BigSkyHi alluded to, it doesn't look like she is loading the upper half (counterotation) as well in the backyard swings BUT that may be because the cage swings look to be against much lower velocity than the backyard swings and in the backyard swings she may not be giving herself enough time. Do you have game swings from when she was hitting well in games and also right now? If you don't get started early enough (for your movement pattern) that can screw up everything..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45