I am now a true believer in EvoShield

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Playing an elimination game tonight at PONY Nationals, and my catcher hits a line drive shot back at the pitcher. The ball hit her square in the chest - she had no chance to react. My first reaction was to stop our runners and see if the pitcher was OK. Amazingly, she only had the wind knocked out of her since she was wearing the EvoShield shirt. I swear to you this had the potential to be LETHAL. I am absolutely convinced she would have been seriously injured without it. Amazingly, 5 minutes later she was back up and pitching. Tough kid!

Jun 24, 2013
We moved our 7yo up to 10U rec and she pitches so she wears one and doesn't play without it. $90 is SOOOO worth it.

Jun 13, 2012
My DD has been wearing one for over a year and we have been lucky that she hasnt had it "tested" like this but myself and DW have peace of mind that her chest is protected. She says it does not bother her while pitching also provides side protection while batting. DD will NOT pitch without it or a fielders mask. Shame on us (parents) if something like this exists and our kids arent using it. Just my 2 cents...

May 17, 2012
Both of my DDs wear these from McDavid. They are "only" $35: MCDAVID Hex

Warning: This product is designed to minimize injury from minor impacts to the sternum and chest area. It is not guaranteed to reduce the risk of Commotio Cordis, a rare but sometimes fatal injury arising from sudden impact to the heart.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06