A year in the life of TB..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
If you are a consistent lurker around DFP here you know already what I am about to say:

I believe it is the minority of DD's & families that can claim more than 50% "success" or "satisfaction" with any given TB year in a TB "career".

To me, this 50/50 satisfaction cycle is a GREAT teaching platform for maturing kids out there. My DD went through a 50/50 satisfaction TB career and she is still obtaining her goal defined upon entry into TB. I look back and wouldn't change a thing as like they say,...you learn the most through challenge.

Yes it's difficult for us parents to see value in an overall SEASON-LONG of what could be called a "bad decision" or "failure". But I emplore you to step back and try to keep a big picture perspective.

Aug 12, 2014
I just want her to get a fair shake and have a good fit where she can grow, contribute and enjoy both the social aspect of the game as well as the "fun" of seeing hard work at practice turn into game time success and the confidence that goes along with knowing you are good at something.

This is what we all want for our kids in any sport or activity. The issues I've had in the past with my kids' coaches have all been because I didn't feel they gave some of the kids (including mine) a fair shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00