HELP! please evaluate my daughters swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
and this is TTB for a high, outside pitch:
[video]https://twitter.com/i/status/1110893581936615426[/video]

This is very different than what WW showed in the proceeding post.

Notice that here the body angle, along with the lead-arm, is supporting the working of the barrel. That wasn't happening in what WW showed prior to this.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Maybe "throw and/or release the barrel" might be a better description rather than whip. The word "WHIP" makes me think od the whipping action of a whip.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Maybe "throw and/or release the barrel" might be a better description rather than whip. The word "WHIP" makes me think od the whipping action of a whip.

Throw ... release .... two perfectly good words for the 'feel' into/through impact. We even had one person here use the word 'launch' ... which if understood as a 'release' is a fine as well.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Thank you FP.

While I don't wish to speak for WW, my concern with a high emphasis on using the forearms/hands as the sole portion of the swing is that it would occur outside of a good/healthy sequence.

Don't get me wrong ... I'm all for the hands kicking in at 100% ... but not without the 'body/torso' being used to generate rotational energy. In fact, I'm perfectly okay with the body/torso operating at an 80-to-85% effort level, and the hands/forearms working at 100% ... so yes, I'm into the hands/forearms ... but the sequence for me is that the hands/forearms should not short-cut the hips/torso-engine.

Aka running start. Aka forward yet back. When one sequences with the slack out of the torso, TTB isn’t necessary. No magic beans to speak of Jack. :)

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thank you FP.

While I don't wish to speak for WW, my concern with a high emphasis on using the forearms/hands as the sole portion of the swing is that it would occur outside of a good/healthy sequence.

Don't get me wrong ... I'm all for the hands kicking in at 100% ... but not without the 'body/torso' being used to generate rotational energy. In fact, I'm perfectly okay with the body/torso operating at an 80-to-85% effort level, and the hands/forearms working at 100% ... so yes, I'm into the hands/forearms ... but the sequence for me is that the hands/forearms should not short-cut the hips/torso-engine.

I will reply with more when I get home from work... What I think it amounts to is that someone is using a definition of TTB that is not used by anyone else at this site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877