HELP! please evaluate my daughters swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Gah, you so smart.. what was I thinking....

I should follow my own advice.

What you 'were' thinking has evolved.

At one point you were thinking that the "FP swing" was more difficult to master than the "SP swing". It was your opinion at that time that the "SP swing" was less difficult to master than the "FP swing". Later you didn't recall thinking that the "SP swing" was easier. When that was clearly laid out for you, you thought you were thinking of "pitching".

You provide another good data point for Soonershok. We have folks here that make mistakes and/or rapidly change what they are thinking. Just another reason to consider adopting simple filters to help differentiate between 'good' and 'potentially-not-so-good' advice.

Jun 8, 2016
FFS, if I might suggest something. You seem to know something about both types of swings. Can you lay out your thoughts regarding the similarities and differences
in both.

IMO, and you may disagree (in which case your insight would still be valuable), since she plays both equally and is having a difficult time mastering her one swing, nevermind trying to master 2, would
be that she work on the commonalities between the two swings and that would get her 3/4 of the way there (assuming there are a lot of similarities..which to my eye there are).

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Pattar ... my response appears to have been deleted. We'll have to pick up the discussion elsewhere.

I saw it and while valid, I still think a discussion of the similarities/differences might help the OP and/or others who are struggling with the same "swing juggling act". Anyway,
not a big deal.

As an aside, based upon the clips you posted, it looks like my DD had (she is improving on the things that were discussed
in my thread)/has a good SP swing..LOL.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32