Biological Male Wins NCAA Women’s Track Championship

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I would not wish LGBT on my worst enemy. But why as a society do we endorse it and even encourage it. If there is a behavior that when practiced, results in being 3 to 4 times more likely to abuse drugs and or alcohol, be involved in domestic violence, rape, STDs, and suicide why don't we discourage it. Places where LGBT behavior is widely accepted have the worst stats and are not getting better as acceptance grows. Not a bigot just practical.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Back on topic of should they be allowed to compete in a sport post trans-gender treatment, I am a big NO! I don't think it is fair for the naturally born females to compete against females who were once males. And vice versa. I have no issues if these folks want to do this to themselves. Not my cup of tea but I dont have those feelings so it is hard for me to judge them for their feelings.

If they want to compete, then I would suggest a class just for these people. Men, Women, and Trans-gender.

I am curious if Trans-gender males would be upset if they had to compete against trans-gender females or vice versa?

(Yes, I said gender 4 times in this post)

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Track is the one sport where you can truly just compete against yourself e.g. you win if you beat your previous PR. While I don't agree that somebody who is biologically a male should be able to compete against females (although I think they do require that they reduce their testosterone levels to female levels for a year at least before they can compete..there isn't a trophy in the world big enough for me to willingly do that..) it is sort of hypocritical for people to come on DFP and say softball should be about development, you shouldn't worry about plastic trophies, etc. and then come and complain about this.
I don't think this is the same as plastic trophies. No one on DFP would reduce any national championship especially a NCAA championship to the level of a 10U A team playing in B class to win a tourney, thats chasing plastic trophies not an NCAA championship.

No competitive sport is about beating your PR, its about beating the other person/team. No pitcher ever was shelled in a game and yanked, and then went home and said "well I just beat my highest MPH ever so its like I won".

The rule isn't that they have to reduce their testosterone to female levels, just that they reduce them for a year. Reduce to what?

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
What part of

did you not understand. I was just calling out what I see as hypocrisy for some people as it relates to sports/competition when it comes to something they don't agree with due to a possible moral/religious/political belief. The idea that many people are going to do this to gain an advantage is ludicrous. Even in this day and age, a transgendered life is not going to be free of ridicule and contempt and the idea that winning some track meets will outweigh all of that is silly.
Science, not politics/morals/religion...

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I would not wish LGBT on my worst enemy. But why as a society do we endorse it and even encourage it. If there is a behavior that when practiced, results in being 3 to 4 times more likely to abuse drugs and or alcohol, be involved in domestic violence, rape, STDs, and suicide why don't we discourage it. Places where LGBT behavior is widely accepted have the worst stats and are not getting better as acceptance grows. Not a bigot just practical.
Well now we just went completely off the rails. LGBT in society isn't the topic and isn't even close to the conversation at hand.

May 2, 2018
Central Virginia

WTF? Seriously, wtf are you talking about?

LGBT is not a disease nor a behavior. Do you have actual stats to back up your claims. Do you think maybe a lack of acceptance causes some of these issues?

This is just a wow post.

ian

Jun 11, 2015

Not talking about this. Just going to pretend this isnt true.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I don't understand why the boys dressing as girls don't want to compete against the boys dressing boys.

Must be that the boys dressing as girls are looking to take advantage.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad