NAIA ruling on Transgender athletes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2021
Shaq didn't become to 7'1" and weigh 325 because he's a man. Size is mostly due to genetics.
Are you saying that men aren't genetically inclined to be taller than women?

"While studying genetic factors behind different traits in men and women, University of Helsinki researchers have identified a genetic variant on the X sex chromosome that accounts for height differences between the sexes."

Aug 5, 2022
Why do you want to be inclusive? Really why? When in doubt go with your head/ mind. It is really not that complicated. In fact it's common sense. Why is there such a drive to be inclusive? Diversity? Equality?
Trust your common sense.

Because in every other aspect of my life I have no issue with transgenderism so this instance is inconsistent with the rest of my over all belief system which at the core believes in supporting opportunities for all humans regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 29, 2015
Not that many of you care (just as I am not reading much of this thread), but the Pablo Torres video is highly worthwhile.

Here is a shorter version of that student's story and a quick overview of what Ohio was doing.

Sep 19, 2018
So you're saying you have compassion for the girls who bust their butts daily practicing their sport only to have a biological male come in and eliminate any chance they had of winning? Good to see it. Me too. All of the blood, sweat, and tears working towards a goal gets flushed down the toilet because the rules are changed to allow men into the competition. What a kick in the stomach.
I very clearly stayed, not once, but twice in this thread that I agreed with the ruling. If you follow the conversation

This is where I’m at. My heart really wants to be inclusive but my head is winning this one.
Why do you want to be inclusive? Really why? When in doubt go with your head/ mind. It is really not that complicated. In fact it's common sense. Why is there such a drive to be inclusive? Diversity? Equality?
Trust your common sense.

I was responding to @Rolling Hard as to why someone would want to to be inclusive. Simple as that. These children,.... no whole families, are going through a lot. When we can be compassionate and include someone we should.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I've noticed that people who are pounding the table against transgender inclusion immediately cite problems with high-level competition.

However, they avoid the much more difficult and common issue of transgender children playing low-level sports.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619