Biological Male Wins NCAA Women’s Track Championship

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2017
Why don't people actually quote the posts they are referring to..kind of like what I am doing right here. Some people may be complaining entirely due to the unfair competition aspect of it, which I agree with. But from the tone of some of the posts there is more to it than simply that in some cases...
Probably because I was just making a post and not trying to single you or anyone else out, kind of like you did there.

Jun 8, 2016
Probably because I was just making a post and not trying to single you or anyone else out, kind of like you did there.
You used my specific example so might as well quote me. It makes it easier to follow along with the "conversation"

Dec 5, 2017
You used my specific example so might as well quote me. It makes it easier to follow along with the "conversation"

Didn't recall who said it, wasn't important. I was just posting my thoughts on the subject and knew that someone had made that point.

Mar 13, 2010
You can be against trans women competing in female sports without riduclious the very idea of people being transgender itself.

I aboustly believe people are born women but in a male body.

But I don’t think that changes the very real advantages males have over females. One of the arguments I see is that upon being on hormones times and strength decrease. This particular person their times got better. That’s obscene

Mar 28, 2016
I think this will be an even bigger issue in the future. It can really effect competitive balance. I'm not sure what exactly can be done. It's difficult to say that we now accept you as a woman, except you can no longer participate in competitive sports under your new gender assignment.
A very difficult issue.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I really like the idea of a combined event? Take a relay for example... 2 males and two females. If a transgender wanted in, he/she would have to class themselves as their birth gender. This would satisfy the masses...

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
It's been mentioned a couple of times but if anyone thinks the juice is worth the squeeze for a young person to transition JUST to get an advantage in sports (most of which have no life-changing financial incentive), they need to take a step back and reevaluate a little bit.

There are absolutely unfair, competitive advantages for folks who transition post-puberty and I don't think many reasonable people disagree with that (or think it's okay). A lot of the fear-mongering and anger doesn't come from that though, in my opinion. A lot of it is morally and politically driven.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06