Biological Male Wins NCAA Women’s Track Championship

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 29, 2013
I don't understand why the boys dressing as girls don't want to compete against the boys dressing boys.

Must be that the boys dressing as girls are looking to take advantage.
I don't think it's that at all, and I don't think there are any examples, anywhere in North America, that support your claim. Transgender is a difficult thing to understand but none of the studies find that, nor people I have met who identify as transgender, the reason for identifying that way is to gain an advantage.
Having said that, sports is a different subject than housing, employment, etc. We have classified by sex (leaving the gender word out of this argument because I think that treating gender and sex as the same thing are at the root of the issue) since early on and it has undoubtedly helped (biological) females. I don't agree with the argument that how a person identifies should determine which sex any individual competes with. We do need standards and I would draw them mostly in light with Martina Navritolova's standards (I wouldn't go so far as to call transgender athletes cheaters, but the sentiment that they haven't fully transitioned is on point).

Attachments

• 1559424365376.png
    1559424365376.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 24
Feb 3, 2011
The end is coming for Womens Softball:
False, but the hyperbole is cute. Team sports are somewhat immune to the inherent advantages that MTF athletes have. I don't like the results I'm seeing in track & field. I am interested in college tennis.

It's a bad decision by the NCAA. I'm not going to say that having "guidelines" for male-to-female trans persons participating in college sports is wrong, but the guideline for testosterone suppression (one calendar year) does not and CANNOT reverse the physiological, athletic advantages gained by young men during puberty. All the wishful thoughts and open-mindedness in the world cannot undo evolutionary biology.

Though it is an anomaly, the Craig/CeCe Tefler example is in worst-case scenario territory as far as I'm concerned - a not-so-competitive male athlete in 2018 "becomes" a woman and is magically transformed into a national champion in 2019. For me, it's a bridge too far and though it's not my call in this regard, I see this example as an insult rather than a triumph to the trans athlete community. I could care less about the politics of the issue. I am interested only in fair sporting competition.

Feb 15, 2017
False, but the hyperbole is cute. Team sports are somewhat immune to the inherent advantages that MTF athletes have. I don't like the results I'm seeing in track & field. I am interested in college tennis.

It's a bad decision by the NCAA. I'm not going to say that having "guidelines" for male-to-female trans persons participating in college sports is wrong, but the guideline for testosterone suppression (one calendar year) does not and CANNOT reverse the physiological, athletic advantages gained by young men during puberty. All the wishful thoughts and open-mindedness in the world cannot undo evolutionary biology.

Though it is an anomaly, the Craig/CeCe Tefler example is in worst-case scenario territory as far as I'm concerned - a not-so-competitive male athlete in 2018 "becomes" a woman and is magically transformed into a national champion in 2019. For me, it's a bridge too far and though it's not my call in this regard, I see this example as an insult rather than a triumph to the trans athlete community. I could care less about the politics of the issue. I am interested only in fair sporting competition.
But you don't care about feelings. And that is the crux of the matter. You cannot base decisions based on feelings.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
The end is coming for Womens Softball:

I hope not. All in the name of political correctness, I guess. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of biological males playing female sports and really vice-a-verse-a. I just think everything is just so screwed up. Thank God I'm finally able to vote.

*Getting off my political soapbox*

Apr 16, 2013
Science is every bit as politically biased. When you have one side trying to prove something, they'll find a way to prove it.

This trans stuff has gone off the rails, IMO. Sometimes, life isn't fair. Sometimes you have to take the cards you've been dealt and live with it. The fact that it's now "ok" to irreversibly damage yourself with synthetic hormones and even have doctors giving this stuff to CHILDREN is just lunacy. If you're gay, or trans, and an adult, then be whatever you want to be or feel you are. Making decisions about life altering drugs and surgery before your body is done growing is insanity. Then, taking this to the sports world, youth sports at that? PEDs are flat out banned. Yet somehow allowing men to compete with girls is all good, in the name of protecting feelings is perfectly fine. As has been said, no amount of synthetic hormones will reverse the advantages a male has been given over a female during the time he was male. I can't believe this is even a discussion, just in the name of making .03% of the population feel better about themselves.

I mentioned it previously, but my DD was at a tournament last season that had a team with a "trans" on it. By looking at him, he hadn't transitioned at all. He wasn't really good, but there was one thing that really stood out to me. He was a CF'er. The strides and amount of ground he could cover compared to girls was just a wow factor to me. He could almost play the OF on his own. You don't realize the differences between men and women until you put them side by side in a situation like that. I can only imagine how those girls feel that ran track against those boys. Demoralizing.

Apr 16, 2013
This is something that should be talked about, and talked about a lot as it potentially affects us all. As long as no one starts name calling and acting like a child, then it absolutely should be talked about. Just nip any posts that devolve into name calling. MOST of us are adults and while we may have strong feelings about this, we should be able to discuss it civilly.

Jun 8, 2016
This is something that should be talked about, and talked about a lot as it potentially affects us all. As long as no one starts name calling and acting like a child, then it absolutely should be talked about. Just nip any posts that devolve into name calling. MOST of us are adults and while we may have strong feelings about this, we should be able to discuss it civilly.
Everybody has agreed that it is a competitive issue for biological males to play with girls. The other stuff being discussed has no relevance and is often based upon uninformed opinions. For example, raise your hand if you have ever been through the peer review process required for a scientific paper to be published ✋ It isn't a perfect system but 999 times out of 1000 it results in good science.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478