Biological Male Wins NCAA Women’s Track Championship

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
Track is the one sport where you can truly just compete against yourself e.g. you win if you beat your previous PR. While I don't agree that somebody who is biologically a male should be able to compete against females (although I think they do require that they reduce their testosterone levels to female levels for a year at least before they can compete..there isn't a trophy in the world big enough for me to willingly do that..) it is sort of hypocritical for people to come on DFP and say softball should be about development, you shouldn't worry about plastic trophies, etc. and then come and complain about this.
So why not just have combined sports? That would solve the problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
So why not just have combined sports? That would solve the problem.

What part of
While I don't agree that somebody who is biologically a male should be able to compete against females
did you not understand. I was just calling out what I see as hypocrisy for some people as it relates to sports/competition when it comes to something they don't agree with due to a possible moral/religious/political belief. The idea that many people are going to do this to gain an advantage is ludicrous. Even in this day and age, a transgendered life is not going to be free of ridicule and contempt and the idea that winning some track meets will outweigh all of that is silly.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018
Almost everyone in this thread sounds like an uneducated moron.

I would suggest that everyone start with the NCAA handbook on transgender athletes.

I'm pretty sure I'm spun up fairly well on genetics and a male is has XY chromosomes and a female has XX. Unless that changes, a male is a male and a female is a female.

Edit: Why are people allowed to change their sex or perceived sex or whatever, but they can't change their age? What if I feel older or younger? I should be able to change my age right?

Feb 15, 2017
What part of

did you not understand. I was just calling out what I see as hypocrisy for some people as it relates to sports/competition when it comes to something they don't agree with due to a possible moral/religious/political belief. The idea that many people are going to do this to gain an advantage is ludicrous. Even in this day and age, a transgendered life is not going to be free of ridicule and contempt and the idea that winning some track meets will outweigh all of that is silly.
Do you know why they disagree? Sounds like a straw man..

Jun 8, 2016
Do you know why they disagree? Sounds like a straw man..

No, that is why I said possible. It is a discussion board, not a mathematical journal, I am allowed to give opinions without proof.

So I take it you have no issues with people identifying as transgendered and your only complaint is from a pure competitive perspective? If everybody posting was taking that view, how come we don't see more "So unfair, a 5'6" 150 lb post-pubescent 11 YO just struck out every single one of our 10U batters" posts?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish