Which pair of cleats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Ringor is pretty much all we've used for the last five years. They easily last a full season where nothing else has. I got my HS DD a pair of Mizuno Finch 5 cleats for this year (since she can't use metal for HS) and we'll see how those work out, but she's using Ringor Bandits for club ball. Youngest is in the Ringor with pitching toe.

Jan 10, 2013
anyone have any recommendations for a 12u speedster? I got her some under armour hi tops last year(against my will, but gave in), they looked to slow her down a little. Hoping to find something under $60 thats comfortable and will keep her light on her feet.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
anyone have any recommendations for a 12u speedster? I got her some under armour hi tops last year(against my will, but gave in), they looked to slow her down a little. Hoping to find something under $60 thats comfortable and will keep her light on her feet.

Believe it or not, 3N2 has a great cleat for around the $75 price range. Fairly light, comfortable according to the girls, come in a variety of colors and they lasted our entire TB team the year long season plus Fall ball. Our team is sponsored by 3N2 so they cost us around $54. If you can find a local TB team that is sponsored by 3N2, you might be able to order with them. Most organizations are ordering their uniforms around this time of year so if you're interested, hurry;) If not, any order over $50 right now is free shipping so you'd be close to the same price if you ordered a $60 pair online.

The link to the shoe we ordered for the team is here: 3N2 RALLY TPU Fastpitch Softball Cleats

Jun 19, 2013
My daughter loves her Ringors. With her drag she was ruining cleats in 3 months. These will probably last 2 years + the way they look. She wears the turf shoes with the pitching toe for indoor winter workouts. The catchers on our team have started wearing the pitching toe too for extra protection. The new Bandit style is much lighter - although my daughter doesn't think the other ones are heavy, but we are getting the Bandits for spring for our team so it will be fun to try those too. They all come in red.

Might want to read the reviews on the pitching toe of the 3N2. Not good.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Unless you run a 2.7 second home to first, I would recommend Ringors. They are a little heavier and more expensive than most, but they are worth it. If you are a pitcher, Ringors with a pitching toes are a "must have".

Periodically check their "special offers" link and you can find some great deals.

http://www.ringor.com/sale

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
RINGOR or 3n2's
We've been through dozens of brands between my two DD's. The Ringors are by far the most durable we've found. The 3n2's hold up well but on the rubber molded models, the molding will just keep getting smaller and smaller until it looks like a bad joke. The metal rallys held up very well. Hands down, the metal spike Ringors are DD's favorite.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
DD likes Tanel, and is in her second pair. First pair lasted a year, but would have lasted longer with a pitcher toe. Circular cleat pattern on the bottom is supposed to reduce tension on the knee.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55