Softball Newbie Bat Recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Agreed on finding a used bat on eBay. At those ages, kids grow so quickly (or quit the sport just as quickly) that the bat never has a chance to get broken in, let alone be broken. I think most on eBay are just trying to recoup some of their money on the bat rather than just letting it sit around and collect dust.

Generally, a quick rub down and a new handle wrap on a used bat will having it look brand new again.

Sep 7, 2022
Appreciate all the help. I’ll probably go check out that Miken tomorrow, it’s not too far from me. Still looking in the meantime. Anyone have experience or input on the Louisville Slugger LXT Plus?

Jun 22, 2019
Appreciate all the help. I’ll probably go check out that Miken tomorrow, it’s not too far from me. Still looking in the meantime. Anyone have experience or input on the Louisville Slugger LXT Plus?
Yes, it’s a very good balanced bat. My daughters have tried everything and they still come back to the LXT.

Jun 22, 2019
Thanks. Same price would you choose that LXT Plus over an LXT X12?
I think they are going to be very close…either one should work.

To be honest, I’m not sure what the differences are. I know we had the plus and it was a good bat. Not sure we had a 12 or not, but they’ve all performed similarly.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019
LXTs are good bats. My DD always felt like the barrel/sweet spot on the Slugger bats below 30 inches was substantially smaller than the CF line. Others' experience may vary...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23