Which pair of cleats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2008
DD likes Tanel, and is in her second pair. First pair lasted a year, but would have lasted longer with a pitcher toe. Circular cleat pattern on the bottom is supposed to reduce tension on the knee.

dd was a Tanel fan also. For the money you spend, they are worth every penny

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
DD played in both Tanel and Ringor. Loved the Tanel w/pitching toe but she was never accused of being fast so I don't know about that. Her college wears Ringor and she loves the steel cleat model. As I told her that she would spike herself right away with the steal, she didn't hesitate to do so. She is a lot better with them now. LOL

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Unless you run a 2.7 second home to first, I would recommend Ringors. They are a little heavier and more expensive than most, but they are worth it. If you are a pitcher, Ringors with a pitching toes are a "must have".

Periodically check their "special offers" link and you can find some great deals.

http://www.ringor.com/sale

If you DO run a 2.7 second home to first, try the Ringor Bandits. Ringor quality and super light.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If you DO run a 2.7 second home to first, try the Ringor Bandits. Ringor quality and super light.

It will be interesting to see if the lightweight construction of the Diamond Bandit has a negative effect on their durability. The "heavy duty" Ringors last a long time. Also, the Diamond Bandit is not available with a pitching toe, which is a "must have" item for pitchers.

Dec 7, 2011
It will be interesting to see if the lightweight construction of the Diamond Bandit has a negative effect on their durability. The "heavy duty" Ringors last a long time. Also, the Diamond Bandit is not available with a pitching toe, which is a "must have" item for pitchers.

I will be watching too - because if Ringor finally addressed their weight shortcoming then "great" we might come back if the price is then competitive to boot. I do believe there is a top-end product waiting to get matured here but not yet.

As an aside : People are funny. So affected by marketing, clamoring for "the trend", and not doing their own assessment of critical facts on a purchase. Then the trend can take so long to correct even when REAL data is available on one product or another. It might be funny to start a thread on lists of equipment we thought we "had-to-have" later to find out we were just zombified by the marketing frenzy (i.e. bat that rhymes with beano.... to name one x ample)

Showing my age here I remember back in the 70’s when my dad “had to have” this Italian auto that was the rage (no NOT a Ferrari – we did not have that kind of $). Daddy had to have his first European car… (side note - deifying Europe is another crazy pastime for Americans too for some unknown reason). But luckily ole dad decided he would investigate the reliability of this Italian car manufacturer. Well long story short he investigated, learned FOR HIMSELF, and concluded if he bought this car he would be hauling it to the junkyard after just a few years.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
My DD was fairly fast for a large HS. The normal Ringors, did not seem to make any difference. Until she got serious about softball, (and quit growing) she used soccer shoes. They were very light weight and easy to run in.

I haven't used Tanel, but might try their turf shoe.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now

Ringor sells a pitching toe kit with glue so if you needed it, you could always install it after the fact.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves